Match thread: Chelsea F.C v. Manchester City F.C

Re: Tevez out

Gelsons Dad said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
10 men after 20 minutes isn't a good idea.

He's been sent off twice for dubious tackles. We won both games. He scored in the first before being sent off. He may also have learned a lesson.

Do you normally write off 20 year old kids with immense talent because they make the odd poor decision or do you nurture their talent and give them an environment in which they feel comfortable to learn and grow and give them the opportunity to make amends?
There really isn't any lesson to learn. He jumped to try to block a ball and made a mistake clattering into the defender. He's last red was for throwing off someone who was grabbing him. He has done nothing wrong he needs to learn from. At least not in the last game. He played hard, went in for challengers and made a rash tackle. Players do this on a weekly basis. This vitriol directed at him by City fans is nothing but misplaced anger.

I wanted him gone too as it occurred, and truth be told, I'll take Sanchez over him as an attacking player, similar skills wise without the drama (both real and made up). But as for the Kiev game, he was simply unlucky. Nothing to learn from there.

If he is fit, play him. Lord knows it's not as if we have game changers on the bench.

Alex B said:
First game ive missed this season gutted, so will join in the mad match threads haha Right will be 2-1 to City Dzeko and Balotelli with the winner late on. Cmon Cityyyy!!!!

You`ll regret it.....not to late to log off

ps....come on Edin shut some of these whinging negative fookers up

Right before we start

Please can you all remember the rules, no abuse, no asking for streams (that information is in another thread) We hand out more warnings and bans in match-day threads than any others.

Take a deep breath before posting

Two genuinely attack minded players in that side and only one who can actually pull it off. This should be fun.

feel sorry for dzeko and the abuse he gets, we just don't play to his strengths and not sure why we bought him based on those strengths

he relies on width, balls coming across the box and quick ball, not the slow laborious stuff when kolarov eventually gets to byline and there's 10 defenders in the box, needs to be quick ie micah in cup

dzeko aint gonna run the channels or get in behind teams - not his fault

Look fellas - I think we all can agree that goals are NOT a given, so - even if Tevez played there is no guarantee he'd score (as shown by the last...10 games). So I'm looking at this only as a change in pace.

Let's just wait and see, ffs. :-)

What worries me more in general (not only tonight) is this formation Mancini prefers (lone striker), WHILE other than Silva we really do not have good attacking midfielders... Next year Mancini needs to either change formation or add some quality attacking midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.