Match Thread | Chelsea vs Man City (05/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking woeful 1st half.

I have no idea what Pep is playing at in this game. Chelsea are shite and yet Pep has decided to play half of his team out of position.

If we are going to play for total control, at the expense of any sort of quick, incisive passing then we need to have control. We have none. I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t find watching our CBs pass sideways to each other every game very exciting.

What a truly dog shit half of football - both sides.
Begged for changes and none of the 4 have made a difference.
On current form the Tarquins win the league at a canter.
Someone tell me I missed something miraculous??

As i predicted in the pre-match.....team looked good on paper but the reality is very different.

That midfield rarely works because 3 or 4 players have a similar skillset and like to occupy the same space,it also means square pegs and a lack of cohesion and no one playing their best game.

The system once again is wrong,we dont look fluid either in attack or defence and we arent making the most of our attributes.We are making a very average team look good and we are lucky not to be behind.

Walker and Cancelo barely palyed a minute and yet both on the same side of the pitch while Foden looks fucking lost on the wide left......

Pep,stop fucking about and shoehorning,and play individuals where they perform best and feel comfortable.

De Bruyne has been a disgrace, what's Phil's excuse?

Both have been appalling.

Kev isn't even arsed getting back in, only wants to effect the top end and his passing off beam again.

Phil looks like he has never seen a football?

At least we have also bored the home crowd to death.

Stones showing his class again, but Pep needs to shift Cancelo to left back, Ake to centre back and Rodri into the middle before he makes a single sub.

I have to admit, I'm worried. Worried how boring we have become. Worried how much intensity we have been lacking outside of that derby win.

Wake the fuck up City, wake the fuck up Pep. It can't be about putting all the eggs in the Champions League basket?

This Chelsea team are so bad.

Not really sure what this formation is. It’s like we’ve completely over loaded the right side of the pitch with Walker, Cancelo and De Bruyne. Unfortunately it means there’s nothing coming down Foden’s side, who has mostly been anonymous. It means we’re far too slow and predictable as it’s so obvious what we’re trying to do.

Very odd from us but continuing the lethargic performances from the league. Kevin has given the ball away and they have almost scored twice, Phil is struggling to control the ball at the moment. The good stuff is coming from Gundo when he has the ball central, his quick passing forward is causing them trouble.
Stones playing very well and he has had to.
Not convinced this formation and set-up is doing us any favours at the moment.
We get the ball into their box quickly and we look dangerous. The supply in, from both wings however, has been substandard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.