Match Thread: City vs Arsenal

AdamManCity

We've been in good form of late despite not getting out of second gear against Blackpool.

This is the team I would play now that we know Balotelli and Silva are out...

----------------Hart---------------------
--Zabba-----Kolo--------Komps-----Kolarov
----------DeJong----Barry---------------
----------------Yaya-------------------
----Johnson--------------------------Milner-
--------------Tevez---------------------

It'll be an interesting game. Would have backed you lot to get a result not so long ago but recently we've been handling defensive teams much better than we used to. If we play like we can and apply pressure like we did v Chelsea we'll outplay you, but we're so error prone at the back and wasteful in front of goal we could end up with 70% possession and 16 shots on target but still draw or lose the game.

Our in-form players are Sagna, Fabregas, Nasri and Walcott. Djourou's been pretty good too as of late, but we're still very vulnerable on set-pieces and our organisation is pretty much non-existant for large parts of the game. Clichy is the weak link at the back, Wilshere is still learning & Song and Koscielny look like world beaters one game and terrible the next. Squillaci is just poor.

Predicted lineup:
Fabianski, Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie, Walcott/Arshavin

2-1, Fabregas & Nasri getting our goals.

----------------Hart--------------------

Zabba-----Lescott--------Kompa-----Kolarov

------------DeJong----Barry-------------

-----------------Yaya------------------

----Tevez----------------------Balotelli

--------------Dzeko-----------------

Assuming Silva's not going to be ready:

--------------Hart-----------------
Zabaleta-Kolo-Kompany-Kolarov
--------------NDJ-----------------
--------Milner----Yaya-------------
AJ--------------------------Balotelli
-------------Tevez-----------------

If Silva is ready, switch for AJ. Dzeko may come on for Tevez later in the game if he signs in time.

1-1, Balotelli for us.

An arsenal fan here just to get your perspective on how you'll think the game will finish. Honestly think it'll be tight, a lot more so than in the last meeting. But I still feel that arsenal will have enough in the tank to edge a 2-1. But i am slight bias :)

Irish_Owen said:
An arsenal fan here just to get your perspective on how you'll think the game will finish. Honestly think it'll be tight, a lot more so than in the last meeting. But I still feel that arsenal will have enough in the tank to edge a 2-1. But i am slight bias :)

Hard one to call! if both teams turn up it will be a draw in my opinion! The thing is would the managers settle for a point before the game? I think they would..... I reckon 1-1 or 0-0

MaxMCFC said:
2-0. Tevez too get a couple !
Don't think arsenal will break us down
Not too sure about that. We are the highest scoring team in the premier league, only this meeting we'll have a fully fit van persie and fabregas. To be honest, if we don't create chances against you at the emirates, then we won't deserve to win. Btw, what are the chances of Dzeko featuring, as in any chance of him being on the bench?

if we have everybody fit and available, we will definitely win this game.
my lineup if everybody is available

.................balotelli
........silva................tevez
....................yaya
.............barry.......de jong
zabaleta..kompany..kolo..boateng
.....................hart

than bring on AJ in 70th min for balotelli and push tevez up, i would also bring on milner for barry, and than late in the game, bring on vieira for yaya

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.