Match Thread: City vs Arsenal

Oh ye of little faith please keep your negativity at bay or perhaps start a kill-joy thread for doubters and backsliders :-)

On a more serious note; historical statistics mean nish once the whistle blows and we have every chance of winning tonight - the arses will need to be on top of their game or be in peril and Arsie Bender will be telling that to his boys!
Owing to a serious bout of skintness I'll be sat at home glued to my PC (thanks as ever for the links you guys) watching the game and listening to the voice of our wonderful travelling faithful who've probably spent all afternoon on the road. . we're on the up, we have the best squad / manager / set-up we've ever had and this is a season where we'll start to rewrite the record books and perhaps lift the doubters from that cold dark place of glass half full mentality.
Of course we can win - doesn't mean it's a certainty but we are definitely in with a chance and we should be proud and loud about that.

Come on the Blues!

Damocles said:
I'm worried today; I just can't see how we will beat them or break them down. Anyone want to allay my fears and tell me why they are optimistic?

Reasons we can win:

1) We have beaten Arsenal in recent seasons with a far weaker team than we have now (although admittedly those games were at home).

2) West Brom, Newcastle and Spurs have all won at The Emirates this season. They are far from invincible at home.

3) Our away form is better than our home form.

4) They are vulnerable at the back, especially their centre backs

Obviously it is going to be a very difficult game, especially without Silva and Balotelli, and I would settle for a point right now. I suspect Mancini would as well, and will set us out so we don't get overrun. de Jong, Zabaleta, Barry, Milner etc will relish this type of battle, and hopefully we can hit them on the counter attack.

I didn't give us a chance at Stamford Bridge last season, and look what happened there. I do, however, have a worry that Mancini might inexplicably pick Jo ahead of Johnson for some reason.

C'mon City!

I'd take a draw but hope for a win.

Hart, De Jong and Tevez are key for us, followed closely by the other 8.

Be interesting to see how DeJong plays. If he is in charge of midfield then we will not lose.

Have people forgotten we have Carlos Tevez! The guys a warrior, 1 man army at times. Lets hope hes back too his best tonight.
Hope our defence and midfield stay tight as they have been, really strong in that part of our game

we are a good team but the players need to have the right mentality tonight. we can't fear them like we did early on against everton.

I have a feeling the card waver will be central to tonights events. He´s due a bad day against us - a bit of Karma for his mardy arse performance at COMS wouldn´t go amiss

watching this at the pub COME ON CITY
am confident..ish

2-1 city
or 2-1 arsenal

which 1? i dont know.

i want these twats dicked, sick of hearing about there 3-0 win at the coms

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.