Match Thread | Everton vs Man City (17/02/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of harsh critics on here tonight, our play has been generally excellent and dominated the match.

Fair play to Everton who have counter attacked with purpose.

Don’t think with our performance that we are far away from popping in a few second half here.

I thought Jesus has been very good again in his general play, lost count of the number of times he’s been fouled (Marriner has given about half that).

Luxury of great options off the bench should we need it.

Im confident we’ll do the business second half.
Yep they've all done ok but the way Everton are set up one thing we must do is play quicker. They are lumbering back and we are taking too long to get the ball forward. It is important given the number of games we have to play that the squad is fully used. Pep will get them to speed it up and I can see Davies and others having to foul to stop us. We have to stop crossing into a bus with seven defenders in - we were lucky the ball broke to Phil.

I think tonight without our player of the season so far Gundogan we should have played our strongest defense as an insurance policy.

Too many changes forced,and unforced.
That would have been a kick in the teeth to Laporte and we will need all three of those centre backs (plus Ake) in the season run-in. If we let another goal in then Laporte can have no complaints.

Also we have a strong insurance policy bench, plenty of time to go yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.