Match Thread | Hearts vs Man City (18/07/14)

Just at Waverley waiting for my train home. Been a good little trip. Met some Scottish blues and was made very welcome at the prison wardens club.
getting here was a bit weird. I managed to jump on the earlier train so a result so I thought. Turns out a staff member took ill so the train terminated at Lancaster. We had to wait half an hour to piggy back a Virgin train from somewhere. It was hammered. Dived straight in first class as I weren't standing up for 2 hours.with debit card at the ready the announcer said due to overcrowding please use first class. Already here mate and nice and comfy. Well till they let the rabble in :)
I like Edinburgh and will be back, won't leave it as long either.

Greg Leigh the stand out for me. Thought he showed some class and looks promising.

Was surprised by the size of the crown, good effort from us and the Hearts fans.

Great afternoon and evening out. Excellent atmosphere and hospitality in the prison wardens club and the Hearts fans were great hosts. Was in a pub just across from Haymarket train station and after learning that my 5 year old nephew was attending his first game the Mother in a family of Hearts fans gave him her scarf as a memento of his first game. Nice touch. He says he'll "never forget it" ha ha.

Whet's the appetite for the season ahead.

de niro said:
Just at Waverley waiting for my train home. Been a good little trip. Met some Scottish blues and was made very welcome at the prison wardens club.
getting here was a bit weird. I managed to jump on the earlier train so a result so I thought. Turns out a staff member took ill so the train terminated at Lancaster. We had to wait half an hour to piggy back a Virgin train from somewhere. It was hammered. Dived straight in first class as I weren't standing up for 2 hours.with debit card at the ready the announcer said due to overcrowding please use first class. Already here mate and nice and comfy. Well till they let the rabble in :)
I like Edinburgh and will be back, won't leave it as long either.

Great experience for my young lad,Hearts my Scots side now,their fans the Dogs Bollox.

My lad like a dog with 2 dicks as got loads of photos etc after game of players.

Huws best young hope,inc Lopes,imo.

A very decent exercise,both in terms of emerging talent and helping confirm the deadwood.

Huws(who looked very rusty against Dundee) and Zucculini certainly didn't look like they would be any worse than Garcia and Rodwell,which could allow us the option of bringing in 15-20m without upsetting squad depth and ability.

Fair play to Boyata,he looked strong and composed on the ball and played a very intelligent game.Denayer still looks our best emerging centre half imo and Leigh showed glimpses of being able to make the leap.

Guidetti,Richards and Sinclair(although slightly better) are simply miles off imo and we'll be lucky just to get them off the books.

Pellegrini will have learnt plenty from this little tour.

Alright lads, that was an enjoyable match as far as friendlies go.

Crowd of around 13k which isn't bad considering it was £20/£25 a ticket. City came in decent numbers, more than most Scottish sides to be honest!

Thought we played quite well and knocked the ball about nicely. This is a bit of a rebuild for us after administration, losing all of our best players and having to play a team of under 20's last season (which would have stayed up if it hadn't been for the 15 point deduction). Most of us are quite excited about next season and feel we can take Rangers. Hibs will do fuck all. :)

Was looking forward to seeing Nasri but he was pretty anonymous. Sinclair played well.

Glad to see you boys who were up enjoyed the trip, all the best for next season. Don't really have an English team but THAT Aguero moment was one of the best moments in football I have ever seen. :)

Fucking hate Man U as well.

First of all its important we don' get carried away with a pre-season game, it's hard to judge a player in this environment.

What i will say is though that there are alot of talented players pushing for a first team place.

First of all Huws, someone who smashed it a Birmingham on loan last year picking up MOTM awards time after time. I think he looks talented.
Rekik, Guidetti and Rodwell all look like there just off premier league level atm, but with the experience could fit in easily.
As for Boyata and Richards I don't see much of an opportunity for them.

Can tell Jovetic, Nasri and Kolarov all play Prem, they look sharp and class.

Hearts Man said:

Crowd of around 13k which isn't bad considering it was £20/£25 a ticket. City came in decent numbers, more than most Scottish sides to be honest!

Thought we played quite well and knocked the ball about nicely. This is a bit of a rebuild for us after administration, losing all of our best players and having to play a team of under 20's last season (which would have stayed up if it hadn't been for the 15 point deduction). Most of us are quite excited about next season and feel we can take Rangers. Hibs will do fuck all. :)

Was looking forward to seeing Nasri but he was pretty anonymous. Sinclair played well.

Glad to see you boys who were up enjoyed the trip, all the best for next season. Don't really have an English team but THAT Aguero moment was one of the best moments in football I have ever seen. :)

And I didnt think I could like Hearts fans anymore than I do!

Thanks mate,just got home,great trip.

Tbilisi said:
Hearts Man said:

And I didnt think I could like Hearts fans anymore than I do!

Thanks mate,just got home,great trip.

Haha nice one man. Glad you had a good time. Our wee stadium is not a bad place to watch football and our wee city is a very good place for a piss up. :) Hopefully get down for a Man City game at some point this season.

The story goes that Ferguson was an FA Cup loss away from the sack back in his early days at Man Utd and a deal for him to join Hearts was looking likely. Of course he won the tie and the rest is history, but we could have prevented years of misery for your lot!

The tables have certainly turned now though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.