Match Thread | Liverpool vs Man City (13/04/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gungho-tactics said:
Javi Garcia influenced the game when Toure came off.

Toure is a weakness in our system, he IS chaos. He should have started behind the striker.

Everything I feared happened today, we started with a two man midfield and "passenger" Nasri on the left. You know you're in for a distaster.

That cheap Skrtel goal killed the game, I don;t think we can back into it now.

A face palm moment if ever there was one!!

The big problem now is Liverpool don't really need to do a lot.2-0 up they can let us come at them,like we have to and hit us with their pace on the counter.

Not for the first time this season Pellegrini got his tactics and team formation wrong.Did he not watch their game against Arsenal?The tactic should have been to stifle them and let them blow themselves out and get frustrated by having Millner and Garcia in there.Second half he could have brought Navas and Aguero on to start to stretch them,instead for being too open from the off it is as good as game over at half time.

Having said that Liverpools pace up front will do most teams as it has done for most of the season.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The only positive to this is that if we do lose, Chelsea are right back in it with probably all to play for at Anfield.

I can't see us beating Everton though playing like this.

Was thinking that myself........still think we can get something if we solid up with Milner and get Aguero on.

It has been obvious from the start we needed the energy of milner in the middle. The only hope is their defence look vulnerable and if we can put one away early you never know.

Man, such a big, big game this...

If Liverpool wins (which I dont think they will though) - it would be a huuuuuuge boost to them...they'd be flying from here on out.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Liverpool simply took their foot off the gas the last seven or eight minutes.

They can afford to play on the counter.

A decision has to be made re our goal difference at some stage.

I said last week, lose a battle, can still win the war.

The gap will still be four points after Wednesday night.

Just need to hang in there.

I agree, although I think we are getting something from this game. Bring on aguero and Milner and just go for it like its a cup final

Despite the hell of the first half, I still don't think Liverpool are all that. They did exactly what we knew they would and we didn't/couldn't cope.

citymad said:
Also not sure why choosing to play in front of the kop first half when we knew it was going to be a frenzied start by Liverpool was a good idea.

* clutches at next straw*

Think the sun was facing the other end and our end was shaded.

With the players we have ,can we not alter our line up to put some up some resistance. Nasri is invisible, Garcia has been booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.