Match Thread | Man City vs Arsenal (18/01/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nickamon said:
BigOscar said:
Hart- done nothing
Zaba- Poor
Kompany- Looks off the pace, but never a penalty
Demichelis- Awful, spent the first 20 minutes trying to set up Arsenal counter attacks
Clichy- Again, awful. Kept giving it away when we had no one back
Fernando- Actually pretty decent
Fernandinho- Probably our best player
Silva- Can't get on the ball
Navas- Threatening a bit, but never anyone in the box forcing him to try impossible pullbacks to no success
Milner- Terrible, not sure if he's actually on the pitch
Aguero- Isolated, can't get on the ball.

Mike Dean- Arsenals best player

Fucking awful first half

Right on the money. For me Navas has been missing with his crosses but he is getting in dangerous positions. He stretches the play and is very good defensively. Replace Milner with Jovetic for me. We are in desperate need of creativity.

Clichy...poor?!?

He's been strong down this side first half in defence and attack.

You at a different game to me?

On the rare occasions when we've exposed Arsenal through the middle, they've been quick enough to foul and been rightly booked. Need to do more of the same rather than feed Silva and simply stop.

Damien10 said:
The backup players play a diffrent style to the main team, that's a problem.

There are only Yaya and Nasri missing? Milner and Fernando are hardly crap are they.

rnblade said:
If we lose this, we will be lucky to stay in the top 4 if we carry on like this.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that but the task of winning league would extremely difficult.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
chesterbells said:
kun said:
Lampard and Jovetic please.

Get Navas off

Agreed, but Jovetic is as weak as Navas.

This game shows what we all knew - the trio of Silva Nasri & Toure together run the show for City. With only one of the three, we look up the creek

But we have done well before with just Nasri and Silva when Yaya was serving his ban.

I really think having Lampard on now would slow down their counter and introduce some needed creativity. He's shined in situations like these... Hope MP is thinking the same thing!!

Agreed mate, with 2 of the 3 we have menace, but with only 1 we look scuppered

agyeiboateng said:
Love_Each_Day said:
Fernandinho the only half decent player, Monreal and Bellerin poor defenders but having an easy time against Navas and Milner.

they are not poor defenders...only arrogant, ignorant city fans say that. The fact we have had 0 shots on goal proves that. Arsenal have a game plan for once and it is working. Most time when they play the big 4 teams they try and attack them and get blown out. Today they are playing how a Mourinho team would play away from home against one of the best sides in the league.

Didn't say the whole of Arsenal are poor defenders, Monreal is not great which is why he's usually behind Gibbs who can be dodgy himself defensively. Bellerin has had some comedy defensive performances although he his young, an experienced player like Milner should be giving him more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.