Match Thread | Man City vs At. Madrid (05/04/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
people blaming Simeone wtf, I bet you liked Sporting first leg where they pulled their pants down for us opened their legs up and let us do the needful...
didnt defend deep, close the space etc. and we were 5-0 in first leg. Simeone is not stupid like that. we knew at the moment of the draw what to expect, up to us to break it down and punish them or go out of this comp again vs a lesser squad.

expect a much better second half as playing like we did first half we would struggle against Soton or Palace too or some other mediocre PL club not a seasoned Atletico with Simeone with long years of CL knockout stage experience.

much higher tempo passing is needed, accurate balls in, and much more desire to create something especially Mahrez, Gundo, Bernardo.

For those complaining about Atletico's tactics, what did you honestly expect from them? That they'd go toe to toe with us? They were always going to park the bus.
For me, im mystified why were playing bernardo false 9 when its failed against park the bus teams. playing with 10 men.

It's hard to believe that this Madrid team are the Current Champions of Spain....

What shit tactics to just sit there 11 players camped outside the your own box....it wouldn't surprise me if Koke brings out a pack of Marshmallows in the second half, the camping footers!!

If Simone is a tactician I'm a Engerlish teacher!

GTF!!

We need Phil Foden on in the second half, We are obviously struggling to find spaces in behind. Foden has unbelievable movement and he's the one that can unlock this barricaded door!
Kyle Walker stupid red card is looking costly in this game tonight we miss him down the right to give us that little bit more attacking threat along with Cancelo on he opposite side.
They are letting Ake have all the time in the world in the ball plus he's not a threat running beyond Sterling. Not his fault though he's having a good game so far but we are lacking attacking threat with our full backs.

For those complaining about Atletico's tactics, what did you honestly expect from them? That they'd go toe to toe with us? They were always going to park the bus.

I think everybody was expecting them to sit back, this is something else though. They occasionally attack other teams, they haven't with us.

Pep - we want to play football
Mourinho - we don't want to play football
Cholo - nobody is going to play football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.