Match Thread | Man City vs B. Dortmund (14/09/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty turgid stuff but no surprise given the odd line up, with square pegs in round holes, little pace and less energy. Two right footers down the left, a left footer on the right, a centre half at right back and an overall ponderous lethargy similar to first halves v Villa and Newcastle.

We need more balance and speed.
I don't understand why Stones is playing RB when Mahrez isn't helping him out. Get Bernardo or Foden on to at least give him an outlet
I wouldn't mind us making changes but I can't see any happening at HT. Grealish and Mahrez have got themselves in good positions but the end product has been poor especially towards the end of that half the ball Mahrez played whick should have got Stones in for the life of me I can't understand why he didn't lift it over it was a simple pass, Small detail letting us down I think personally.

We do miss wingers that are willing to take the defenders on. Everytime the ball gets played back.
The thing is without an overlapping FB, inverted wingers are always going to be up against 2 or 3 defenders when they come inside. So they have to take on and beat 2 or 3 defenders, which isn't going to happen often in the tight space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.