Match Thread | Man City vs. Burnley (31/01/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question actually is would you take Kovacic or Nunes in the first 11. MN definitely has better numbers and lets say a bit more magic, but Kovacic better defensively
Different strengths and imo Kova is a better player although I do like Nunes. Against tougher sides or playing away I think Kova, whereas Nunes is a better pick for teams that are just going to put 10 behind the ball and defend

Certainly in the mix, still Henry for me
If we were playing picking teams in the playground i would take Henry no1 then De Bruyne no2. but it depends on how you grade longevity v peak ability. We would argue that on his day Yaya could have bossed everyone (even Rodri) and then there are players like Bale and Ronaldo who were similarly destructive for a 2-3 year period. Pains me to say it but Suarez as well.

Two relatively simple finishes, but the skill levels to weigh the passes thus were anything but. Augusta levels of precision.

Haaland is more absent on the pitch than Alvarez ever is.

He's scored 2 goals and this is the critique you have?? Would you say the same of Haaland in the same situation?

Odd observation.

This is match day thread you talking about, it will be strange not seeing shit takes in this thread even if we are playing well at the moment.

Don.
If we were playing picking teams in the playground i would take Henry no1 then De Bruyne no2. but it depends on how you grade longevity v peak ability. We would argue that on his day Yaya could have bossed everyone (even Rodri) and then there are players like Bale and Ronaldo who were similarly destructive for a 2-3 year period. Pains me to say it but Suarez as well.
Suarez was a menace. :(

Easy 2-0, Burnley worked hard but without end product, do feel the system is slightly unbalanced and as much as I like Lewis think he is a spare part, prefer stones there and maybe Dias on! Apart from that another goal would be good so we don’t have a palace scenario

Pretty much what I expected with this line-up. Created some decent chances and attacked well but a little careless with the ball, which has given them 2 or 3 decent breaks. Players like Grealish, Kovacic and Bernardo are perhaps less exciting on the ball but give us the extra control.

Decent performance though so far. If we can keep moving it forward well and cut out some of the sloppy passes, this should be a very comfortable win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.