Match Thread | Man City vs Chelsea Carabao Cup (09/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At risk of sounding like a Cnut.

I have no idea what he brings to this side.

It is like playing with 10 men he is that bad.
For me Sid, move Palmer out wide and bring on who you want. For a big name player he is a lazy f**ker at times.

He hasn’t got it, let’s be honest. He’s been dreadful defensively every game he’s played for us. And I don’t rate his technique that much either. It’s not like he’s a beast going forward to make up for his defending and nor does he offer elite control like Zinchenko did. If he’s still here next season it’s because Bellingham and a winger cost a little bit more than we hoped they would and we had to go again with what we have at full back.

Surprised JWE never gets much of a chance in comparison. Looks an all round better full back on bits I've seen of him. Still very early days for Gomez I guess.

Rodri have never been the runner-kind-of-guy. He is a rolls royce player to pick out a pass or bang a goal from 40 yards out, IF he got time on his side. Against high pressing teams, he struggle. It’s been my opinion for years. That’s why someone like Phillips in my opinion would suit us better against teams like Liverpool. Facing a team with a midfield full of hungry legs and speed, Rodri is gone. It’s so so obvious.

He’s *so good* at everything he does and reads the game perfectly, it’s why he’s one of the best in the world in his position - if not the best - so not sure he has too many cons to his game.

Turn of pace and legs are the two that stand out, though, and I think it’s pretty evident that Pep knows it too by coupling him with Bernie 99% of the time.

We have a problem as it stands as I can't see us scoring but I can see Chelsea getting one at least. The thought of Sterling coming on and running at either fullback is a worry too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.