Match Thread | Man City vs Chelsea Carabao Cup (09/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was afraid of this when we signed him. I really struggled to find even ONE YouTube-compilation of Gomez actually defending. All videos was about his assists.

I’m also not convinced he’s got it.
He hasn’t got it, let’s be honest. He’s been dreadful defensively every game he’s played for us. And I don’t rate his technique that much either. It’s not like he’s a beast going forward to make up for his defending and nor does he offer elite control like Zinchenko did. If he’s still here next season it’s because Bellingham and a winger cost a little bit more than we hoped they would and we had to go again with what we have at full back.

We miss the extra body in midfield. Pep is playing 4-2-4 with Jack Alvarez Palmer and Mahrez up front. We would look so much better imo if Mahrez came off, Palmer went to his natural right wing, and another body in midfield.

We're not playing badly. We just need to make one of the chances count. Chelsea are defending well and obviously dangerous on the counterattack. Someone said our crossing into the box is rubbish, but I think it's been alright, without Haaland we don't have anyone gambling on being in the middle to get on the end of them. Alvarez is more likely to score from running from deep, he's not playing as a penalty box poacher. Let's hope one of our shots is either on target or yhe inevitable deflection takes it past the goalie.

Doing OK.

Looked purposeful going forward early on but some of the movement tailed off as the half went on, and we look vulnerable to a pacy counter-attack.

Ortega looks very good, I'm really pleased for him. Long may it continue.

Gomez lacking defensively but his presence in attack is helping to bring out the best in Grealish, who's playing well and driving forward in the left half-space which is where I always think he's most effective.

Lewis showing a little inexperience but that's why matches like this are going to be so good for him.

Alvarez needs to push forward. He's not Haaland but we're putting balls across the face of goal and he needs to be trying to get on the end of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.