Match Thread | Man City vs Inter - CL Final (10/06/23)

I don't get this Inter will tire comment, it's a final, they'd run themselves in to the ground in the 2nd half. We just need to be better, Haaland needs to create space for Foden by pushing higher
They might run themselves into the ground but there is only so much the body can cope with. The mind is willing but the body is weak

I mean, they’re definitely not shite. They’ve won 11 of their last 12 matches and the one they didn’t win they had a red card in the first half at 0-0, away at Napoli.
They're shite in comparison to teams we pull apart week in week out.

They're a poor side, who've given us the ball 5 or 6 times, and we've not found a final product yet.

Dress it up how you want, these wouldn't finish in the top 6 in England.

Not an especially great half, to be honest.

Feel for Kev, horrible luck in CL finals. I have a feeling he has been carrying something for a few weeks and I have a good authority there a family concerns off the pitch that have been weighing on him.

Phil is a more than competent replacement, especially given Kev looked to be off from the start. But we ironically need to be both more decisive with our forward passing between the lines and less impetuous with our passing under pressure.

Rodri has had a subpar half based on his lost standards, the Viking has been exceptionally quiet, and Jack--apart from winning that late free kick and yellow--hasn't really impacted the match.

Only two players I would single out as having decent matches for us are John and Rueben, which itself tells you everything you need to know about that half.

I do wonder if the late arrival and unexpectedly long sit on the bus has put the players off. Hope the Sheikh's presence hasn't affected them.

Pep will now doubt light a fire under their arses for the second half and make some tweaks.

I think we need Manuel and Nathan to play balls forward much faster and Ilkay needs to be more progressive in his passing, as we are constantly hesitating and essentially allowing them to track back to pack the box before looking to attack. In normal circumstances this is a good strategy to control the match and pick apart a weaker defence via patient passing around their box. But Inter are far better than the teams we normally see parking the bus, so waiting for them to set the parking break is just ensuring we have a very low chance of breaking the lines.

If Jack continues as he has been, I think we may need to see Mahrez on for him and have Bernardo switch wings.

Just my measured thoughts.

In Pep we trust.

The huge positive is that Inter cannot keep up this pressing game for more than another 10-15 minutes, then they’ll be knackered and have to fall back , and that when we come into our our own and the game will open up. Up the Blues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.