Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool (01/04/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like we've been miles better than them, just got to watch the counter.

Growing frustration around the officiating team in the ground. Rodri booked for his first offence, Fabinho unbooked after 3 or 4 offences. Linesman on our defensive line not flagging for the most obvious offsides as well.

Biggest concern is how we are so slow in transisitions. That is also liverpools biggest strength so is a big problem.

Thought we played really well other than one poor moment defensively. Despite what the table shows I still believe Liverpool and city are the two best sides in the country

I know it’s 1-1 but we should be a few more to the good,but when the commentator at the start of the game mentions the red scousers haven’t won a 12-30 kick off this season you just get the feeling well it’s City they are playing so Sod’s law says they’ll get something from the game ..

Walker on for Akanji.

Arnold should be on a yellow at least. Shite ref.

Akanji is a car-crash. Plays them onside while marking fresh air and then could have gotten Rodri sent off after a pathetic attempt at a challenge. He looks fine until he has to do any defending and for a defender it’s worrying.
TBF to him, Dias steps up into no-mans land trying to play the offside trap leaving Akanji a bit out to dry... but I agree he's been poor.

It might be a bit simplistic and affect us going forward but I would bring Walker on. Liverpool have one tactic, hit us on the break. Too many times a simple ball over the top is nearly leading to a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.