Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool (01/04/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF to him, Dias steps up into no-mans land trying to play the offside trap leaving Akanji a bit out to dry... but I agree he's been poor.
Maybe I’m being a little unfair on him for the goal, because I actually think we pressed really poorly in that action. That being said, I still can’t get my head around dropping Walker and shunting Stones to RB to play Akanji. Especially against a side where Walkers attributes could be key.

We are the better team here but really need to start making it count.
We are winning countless loose ball and overturning possession only to fail to find a blue shirt with either our first pass or the interception itself.
We are being caught offside by players slow to react.

Step it up a notch City. We are better than them.

I’d love to know what LaPorte has done because there’s zero reason he shouldn’t be starting over Akanji. The disparity in quality is palpable
I feel that laporte is too much on the ball-playing side and not enough actual defending. As in if you want a CB to play the possession game well and look good on the ball then he's your man, but in tough, situations where you really need to defend then sometimes he can be lacking.

we need much more from Gundo, Mahrez, imo they were piss poor most of the time, we have no Fooden, no Haaland, others have to put in extra performance

not much on bench we can bring on and change the game. Pep also wont change until 89th, so Mahrey, Gundo, KDB need to turn up the tempo.

defensively we were all over the place few times, Akanji having mediocre game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.