Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool (01/04/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City need to wake the fuck up for this 2nd half, or I can see the scousers scoring an early 2nd goal, I detest these cunts I really do.

Typical the way the game is going we've dominated like this over the last two years against them at home and ended up not getting all three points, Hopefully it's a different outcome today.

As for the goal we conceded, Simply not good enough it was Sunday league stuff playing with four centre backs and a gaping hole in the middle. I like Akanji seems a nice genuine lad but he's not good enough he had to step up with Dias to play Jota offside it was shocking defending we need to get back to basics Stones and Dias at centre back and Walker at right back.

Just please fucking win.

It is highly suspect that neither Fabinho nor TAA have been booked, but Rodri was booked for his first foul. Grealish has been fouled 5 times and is getting absolutely no protection, as per league mandate. And TAA knew exactly what he was doing when he kicked Grealish. Liverpool are trying to instigate one of ours to get sent off, which they always do and never get called on by commentators, especially ex-pros that know it is an intentional tactic.

And the way the officials are raising the flag for offside for us almost immediately or as soon as the first phase of play concludes, but are leaving the flag down when Liverpool players are offside to allow play to enter the second phase (when VAR will presumably saw any goal scored was too long after an initial offside) is basically giving Liverpool free cracks at our goal from initial offside positions.

There is a desperation in the officiating and the commentary to make them relevant. They had one shot on target (their goal, with three shots total, to our 8) but the game is a “technical and attacking masterpiece from both clubs”.

We talk about how incredibly favoured they are in all respects all season but you forgot *exactly* how incredibly obvious and infuriating it is until we play them.

I feel that laporte is too much on the ball-playing side and not enough actual defending. As in if you want a CB to play the possession game well and look good on the ball then he's your man, but in tough, situations where you really need to defend then sometimes he can be lacking.
He’s a better defender than Akanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.