Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool FA Cup (16/04/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linekar now sticking his oar in over minutes silence stopped due to chanting from City end ?
it’s usually people in the concourses making noise in those situations, unaware of what’s happening

Pisses me off every time pundits say we have a cheat squad with two full teams that could win the league. We do t have that much depth really and circumstances meant that Liverpool were always going to muller us today. Deep down I think we all knew that. There’s no chance that we could be away versus them at home, us kicked by Atletico versus them being able to rest players for their bye to next round, us getting injuries and them getting none… and us not losing by 3, 4 or more. It’s probably been even worse than we could have expected though, so 5+ can’t be ruled out and that’s when it gets into the territory where it can impact the league.

Not important game. Move on. We must focus on the league and ucl.

This game is, obviously, a write-off. Now we have to really dig deep to keep the league and the CL alive because we haven't played well for quite a while now and that CL draw was always a disaster. If Pep is bringing on subs I hope it's the youngsters to give them a taste of Wembley.

Midfield needs some attention in the Summer. We needcan enforcer, we're being outfought for every ball and looking very feeble.
The drop off when we remove our spine is huge,we suddenly become a mid table team at best.
We have no ability to drive forward and we have no ability to hold up the ball or cause defenders trouble.

We need a striker,maybe 2,a genuine pacey fearless winger,an enforcer,and at least 1 full back.Our squad depth is a myth.

Time we got a new number 2. You can’t be soft at this level and pep has let his emotions pick the team. The only good thing to come from this is that we can now see who has either lost the fight or is not good enough moving forward.
Or who is currently physically or mentally knackered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.