Match Thread | Man City vs Liverpool FA Cup (16/04/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the first minute it was obvious, both on the pitch on the terraces there was only one side who wanted to win this. I always tell myself I need to listen to Pep, because he always tell us when the stinker is coming, and this has been the mother of all stinkers. Since Wednesday night and 'we are in a big trouble' this shit was coming. I am fuming I didn't go because of my stupid foot, because I think it would be easier watching it at Wembley than watching Murphy levitating pitchside.
There is nothing to say about our game, because there was no game, if this lot put their under 18 on, we would be losing this. The most tragic thing they created almost no chances and they are three nil up. It was not even a meltdown, it has looked like 11 mannequins in City shirts were carted out onto the pitch. Just take it on the chin and try somehow to win a trophy at the end of the season. I am beyond shocked to be bothered anymore and it will be a relaxed watch the second half.

Are you for real?
Steffan is to blame mostly of course, but CBs and FBs do contribute to the reasons a keeper can be at higher risk for a mistake.

We've seen it before in other situations where mistakes at the back happen and it appears the keeper is to blame entirely but closer inspection shows that to be not so clear.

Steffan is not Ederson.

It’s a bunch of ‘professional’ players. We can’t use Liverpool’s easy run of fixtures for that utter dross.

Give your head a wobble.
yes you fucking can! they literally RESTED their entire team! did you rest your entire fucking team 3 days ago? jesus christ

Honestly disappointing though this is, it's far from a disaster. I am sure many of us actually expected it.

A right good thrashing, perversely, could give the players the kick up the arse needed to ensure we win our last 7 games. And to make sure we don't fuck up our remaining CL games. If we were to throw anything, the FA cup is the thing to throw.

And it will not hurt our summer spending budget either
I’d love you to be right and hope you are.
But yet again in a big game we fuck up.
Does anybody actually feel confident that if we were to get to the CL final pep wouldn’t make some other kind of clever, genius-like change to a normal line up

7 is just too many changes, especially against a team that makes only 1
We look fucked even with the changes
Very worrying
Against these you either go for it or you don’t. We are not that much better than them that we can afford to make a handful of changes and think we can still compete with their best XI. Either we go full strength and give them a game, or just sack it off completely, play the kids, accept defeat before KO and rest our best players.

For whatever reason Pep went with a no-man’s land side where, you run some players into the ground who could do with the rest, whilst having no chance to compete with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.