Match Thread | Man City vs Man Utd - FA Cup Final (03/06/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ridiculously early goal might not have helped us.

Bar the subsequent 10 minutes, we looked passive and borderline complacent at times.

Apart from the goal, I can’t say we played particularly well in that first half.

Several players look out-of-rhythm, with Kev looking quite poor and Bernardo and Grealish both very quiet and/or sloppy.

That said, I think Rodri has put in his customary good shift, and our defence actually looks comfortable when they attack.

Even a subpar City team should be able to beat this United team in a fair match. Unfortunately, it looks as though we are going to get the same treatment as we did at Old Trafford, with suspect decisions (or non-decisions) going the way of United. We’re playing against 13 men.

PGMOL appears to be attempting to engineer a United win, as they have a few times this season, including against us. It is scandalous that they gave that handball on Jack and ignore an obvious foul in the box on Kev.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see United get a penalty for a similar challenge in the second half, just to really say “Fuck City” on the world stage.

I know Pep and co will be lighting a fire under the players and making adjustments to get us playing with more intent and thrust.

We have to murder them in the second half, otherwise the officials will murder us.

It is infuriating to constantly be in this position of having to be too good to give the officials a chance to manipulate the match outcome but it is what it is and, in this match, we have to play with that in mind.

I think we will improve considerably in the second half and put them to the sword, now that we know exactly how they are playing against us.

Up the blues!

As always it's open season on City players, nobody for them has any worries about challenges at this point. That yellow for Wan-Bissaka is the best thing that could have happened to him since there is zero chance they'll send one of them off. He can do what he wants over the last 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.