Match Thread | Man City vs Newcastle (29/10/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
der bomber28 said:
I'm not jumping on anyone's back in particular, but in fairness we've not been at the races since the season began. A few good results have papered over this, half the time we look like we're still in pre season mode. I find it rather worrying how pedestrian and predictable we seem to have become. Just like after our last title winning season, we seem to have taken a backward step, and too many players are fast becoming passengers. It also seems a lot easier to break us down this season. I'm not ashamed to admit, for the first time in a long time, I'm genuinely worried about the upcoming derby, on our showings this far. However I hope I'm wrong.

It's exactly like the last time we won the title. We may as well bust out the season DVD and re-watch it.

@BluePhil8 said:
kupest said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Would you play David Silva and Yaya 3 days before the derby when we are already a mile behind Chelsea?

If so then you are as fucking stupid as Pellegrini.

6 points is a mile? and yes I would.
You are as stupid as Pellegrini.

Good to know atleast not as much as you.

der bomber28 said:
I'm not jumping on anyone's back in particular, but in fairness we've not been at the races since the season began. A few good results have papered over this, half the time we look like we're still in pre season mode. I find it rather worrying how pedestrian and predictable we seem to have become. Just like after our last title winning season, we seem to have taken a backward step, and too many players are fast becoming passengers. It also seems a lot easier to break us down this season. I'm not ashamed to admit, for the first time in a long time, I'm genuinely worried about the upcoming derby, on our showings this far. However I hope I'm wrong.

You have to bare in mind we barely had a pre-season. It's no real excuse but these players basically finished last season, had a week off and then went to the World Cup. Now they are back playing again. I can understand why the level drops because it's harder to keep motivated playing for the same things and teams know you better and know how to beat you. The only thing that continually baffles me is our crap performance in Europe.

Didn't expect to win the league this year because we didn't strengthen enough but really did expect a lot more in Europe.

There's something about the way we play this year that worries me. Reminds me of two seasons ago. I can't quite explain it but the passing/build up play seems a bit slower. Players are making less runs and aren't interchanging the way they do when we're firing on all cylinders. When the players have that hunger for goal and fire in their eyes its a beautiful thing.

@BluePhil8 said:
kupest said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Would you play David Silva and Yaya 3 days before the derby when we are already a mile behind Chelsea?

If so then you are as fucking stupid as Pellegrini.

6 points is a mile? and yes I would.
You are as stupid as Pellegrini.

Leave it out please things are tense enough

MeatHunterrr said:
Sagna not impressing

his link up isnt bad and he's got a better soft touch pass than i expected of him but he hasnt put in a decent cross in a City shirt yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.