Match Thread | Man City vs Sevilla - Super Cup (16/08/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a strange one isn’t it, he’s drifting over to Coles side and not getting around Jack who’s the senior of the two & looks a threat, Midfield are also looking to play Haaland in or play off him & are bypassing Phil, top players find a way & He’s a top player. My money is on Pep tweaking it and we score 3 this half
Put Phil right in the middle and tell him to stay there and feed Erling, Jack and Cole and he will prosper.

Indeed. I often think that the youngsters avoid taking risks that could bugger up an attack and see them occupying the bench for the next five games.
That’s why I think he will make it at City but just not this season. Go on loan for 12 months where you can make mistakes for a team where it’s an open game and not two blocks of 4. It’s different making a bad decision for City than it is for West Ham.

Undercooked (as usual at the start of a season). Possession is OK but we aren't getting the ball forward quickly enough.
I also don't Don't understand why both Stones AND Dias are on the bench.
Thought Dias and Stones were both injured? Makes no sense otherwise.

I fucking hate Lamela. Got a face I'd never tire of punching. Horrible Gobby shithouse snidey ****.
Back to one chance 1 goal for the opposition. This Sevilla side are shit. Solid defensively but that's all. They've sat in all game and we've let the twats score from one fucking attack.
Weee lacking that final pass too. So far.
Spitting image of Cancelo

Like the CS v Arsenal, Pep would have had this down as part of pre season and our lack of games due to ending the season later than most, then the crazy internationals and it shows.
Not helped by 4 major absences on top of a weakened squad but its all part of a very long season so we wont look like our best for a while yet but be crazy not to bring more in
Yeah, it just doesn't matter. Ask your average football fan who won the Super Cup in 2015 or 1998 (or even last year, to be honest) and they'd have no clue. They'd have to Google it and then double check. We take until Christmas to really get going anyway so the more games we play the faster we get up to speed. Hope Pep takes the U21s on a world tour for the Club World Cup in December, or whenever it is. Would be nice to win this and have another bit of silverware to show off but it'll mean next to fuck all if it's all we've got to show for our efforts come June 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.