Match Thread | Man City vs Southampton (10/03/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually thought southampton looked really dangerous at times there, made life pretty uncomfortable for us. 3 well taken goals though, when mahrez turns up he's a joy to watch

They're pressing very hard and keeping the ball well

We're being made to play badly, it's not happening without cause

Shame this is on Sky and not BT because there would have been nothing better than having Peter Walton coming in to say it was the right call for Foden’s pen

Mahrez has been excellent these past few games. Props to him for stepping up.

I'm still not convinced by this constant rotation at CB. I appreciate we need to rest, but it seems like Stones is being benched every other game when we've finally found the best pairing in years in him and Dias.

I feel like Laporte's inclusion is simply to keep him happy having dropped down the order, rather than what's best for the team at the moment. I imagine Stones' resurgance to form was somewhat unexpected, but this scenario is a symptom of having one too many quality options, rather than a very clearly defined pecking order. CB is a position which suffers from change.

Long term, I don't see how Pep plans on keeping Dias, Stones, Laporte and Ake happy without it being detriment to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.