Match Thread | Man City vs. Sparta Prague (23/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see these fukers getting a breakaway and scoring……

That's my fear but to be honest it is every game now. One long punt and we're wide open.

Horribly frustrating half to watch. Nunez is totally ineffective on the left and Savinho flatters to device on the right. The only bright spark is Foden, great goal and come close on another couple of occasions. You look at Junior for Madrid last night, thats the sort of wide man we need. Pace, power and GOALS. Haaland is becoming too easy to mark out of games like this, though he was unlucky with his header.

its boring but its due to the parked bus we now face on repeat match after match. it hard to break up these deep tactics, all our defenders on 35 metres from the opposite goal, hardly any space to attack, and even in 1-0 City lead some teams happy to sit back.

it leaves us with long shots and crossing but most of our crosses are poor and even if they are good they need to find about 1-3 City players between 6-7 defenders. quite hard.

doesnt mean we cannot up our tempo as again imo Bernardo and Gundo are quite poor and dont add much.

unfortunately most of our games will be about breaking up these type of defences with very limited space and occassional risk of being wide open due to being pushed up even our defenders closer to opp. box than halfway line.

wish Arse, dippers would face as uch similar tactics but they dont (yet).

Surely the best manager that’s ever lived can come up with something different against these tactics for Haaland. The very odd occasions he comes deep to join in play the whole pitch opens up. It happened near the end, it opened up, and Lewis just stopped and went back to the bleeding centre backs again. I never thought I’d ever be bored watching City, but this session is a hard watch. It’s obviously not all city’s fault, but watching the best scorer in the world doing nothing is maddening

The right side just needs Lewis to help Savinho to run behind their full-back, but I don't get why he's wasted in the crowded middle, making the entire side ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.