Match Thread | Man City vs. Sparta Prague (23/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the best manager that’s ever lived can come up with something different against these tactics for Haaland. The very odd occasions he comes deep to join in play the whole pitch opens up. It happened near the end, it opened up, and Lewis just stopped and went back to the bleeding centre backs again. I never thought I’d ever be bored watching City, but this session is a hard watch. It’s obviously not all city’s fault, but watching the best scorer in the world doing nothing is maddening
Maybe he could ask the other players to play a through ball to him? Just an idea.

I am not picking. I am expressing my view which differs from yours. Nothing against him just don't think he is effective.

I love Gundo, but he's been rubbish tonight? Is that picking too???
No it's accurate but your suggestion that Bernie is having a good one is blinkered if you think Savinho is having a poor game.

Two or three chances to spring a ball over the top to Haaland but no risk raken and it’s recycled for slow, possession retention that too often feels purposeless. That level of possession should be worth a two-goal lead, maybe three, but instead we’ll again have to keep the same players on the pitch for longer than necessary, which has basically been the case since the opening game.

Very similar to the Wolves game. Two banks of 5 and we have to try and break it down. I'm sure we can expect the same on the weekend.

There isn't any easy solution, but that's what Pep is paid to work out. Nice goal by Phil and I think Lewis has been good. Nunes hasn't been bad playing out of position and Savinho has looked good but desperately needs a goal.

These injuries are really piling up and with no Doku or Jack we're in a bit of strife.

It’s bloody hard work playing against this low block every week. Seeing our CBs spending so much time on the ball, 30 yards from the opposition goal says it all.

The centre of our midfield needs some serious work. It offers so little without KDB. Gundo and Bernardo need to do so much more to try and make things happen. They’re both far too comfortable playing 5 yard sideways passes and not much else. They need to take some responsibility.

Great goal from Phil.

Nunes started well but disappeared after about 20 mins.

Savinho needs to start delivering some end product. I don’t know what it is about us having wide forwards who promise so much but seem to deliver much less.

Sparta are really poor but while its only 1-0, we know we are susceptible to a quick break.

What have we changed since start of the season ? We were flying before first international break & we we had no Rodri then. We seemed much quicker & direct for a few games

The format is so uninspiring. Doesn’t matter if the players don’t have any urgency, we can zombie our way into the next round. Not going to come below 24th are we, even if our 8 games were an absolute disaster. We win this and we’re pretty much there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.