Match Thread | Man City vs Sporting (09/03/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a poor watch. I think a mixture of us playing like a team that’s leading 5-0 and Sporting playing like they don’t want to be on the end of another 5-0.

Fern and Foden playing well. Gundogan and Bernie doing ok in the middle.

Gabby working hard but want more than hard work from a wide forward in this side.

Sterling poor. I have no idea why a guy with no left foot is now trying to chip the keeper with it when 1v1.

Defence all looking solid enough.

Would like to see Egan try and show us something, he’s young and if he wants to make it at City he has to take his limited opportunities in the side, which means doing more than passing to Stones every time he gets it.

His first game in the team and he's doing what is required of him .

No need to do more .

Training exercise and as boring as fuck. Officials and var as totally inept as always. That linesman keeps flagging when he's not supposed to. The only half chances they have had have been as a result of our misplaced passes, which is normally the same most games. Sterling and Jesus carrying almost zero goal threat as always and proving why they don't start most games. If we could get 150 million for the pair it could go towards revamping our forward line with more pace, power and goals
I don’t think we would get anything like that for them but I agree with the sentiment.

I have been one of Gabbys staunchest supporters on here but I am feeling more and more that he will always just be the nearly man at City. I had high hopes the way he started the season but it feels like he is having to start again and it will be a real struggle for him given the form of Mahrez.

With Sterling you just never know from week to week which Sterling is going to turn up. Games like tonight he should be taking by the scruff of the neck but it’s all just very meh with him again. He is a senior pro in this side but it never really feels like he can be relied on fully. I have far more confidence in a 21 year old Foden turning up than I ever do in Sterling.

As you say, it might just be time to cash in on both and have a freshen up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.