Match Thread | Man City vs Sporting (09/03/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny considering there must be over 200 City goals between them and countless assists ( i say countless as I can't be arsed to go and check that out lol)
City have evolved into a team that is even more about control than it ever used to be. We are a team that tries to take very little risk, and Sterling/Jesus will be left behind as we continue in this way. This version of Pep’s City is a lot more pragmatic than earlier versions. We need control and they don’t offer it.

Paramount+ commentary team desperate for a VAR Sporting pen from an Egan Riley ‘handball’ but strangely silent with Jesus getting upended in the box saying a City goal/pen would kill the tie.

Would like to see Egan try and show us something, he’s young and if he wants to make it at City he has to take his limited opportunities in the side, which means doing more than passing to Stones every time he gets it.
Pep, hey Egan

Yes, Boss

When you get the ball, make sure we keep possession I like lots of possession, don't lose the ball being silly, get it and lay it off.

Yes, Boss.

Our wingers’ lack of composure and, at times, technical ability is really holding us back. We’ve been fine, until the ball goes out wide in attack. The drop off from Grealish and Mahrez to Sterling and Jesus is really quite severe.
Sterling is essentially our 4th choice winger now so you expect a drop off. Shame that Palmer got injured but he'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.