Match Thread | Man City vs Villa (25/04/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Star Medium Rare said:
SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
Well either I'm as wrong as Gelson or offside does work like that. You can't be offside when the last touch was an opposition player
I was in the loo so missed it but that's not correct.

You can if the oppo plays it forward off a defender as the offside occurs when the ball is played forward. Hitting the defender doesn't then play him on side.
Yes it does
Not if he's already offside.

See shots that the keeper saves which rebound to players offside when the shot was taken. Flag is then raised. It hitting the keeper doesn't then play them onside.

Don't worry. Many people get mistaken like you on this.

You could see Demichelis tell everyone to hold the line but Fernando was day dreaming.

SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
teddykgb said:
That's not how offside works

Well either I'm as wrong as Gelson or offside does work like that. You can't be offside when the last touch was an opposition player
I was in the loo so missed it but that's not correct.

You can if the oppo plays it forward off a defender as the offside occurs when the ball is played forward. Hitting the defender doesn't then play him on side.

Huh, well you learn something new every day.

players are dawdling on the ball and getting caught in possession, seriously need some pace in midfield....Silva not been involved in this game at all

Count the number of passes before we give the ball away. It's pathetic. We're playing like Barcelona are the visiting team. We haven't created a real chance since that free header from Fernando. Villa are dominating the game and it only takes one lapse or a dodgy offside decision to get them back in the game. Sherwood's clearly changed something and Pellegrini has failed to react. We should've been 3-0 up after about 25 minutes and we end up hanging on.

A visiting team just above the relegation zone shouldn't be getting 56% possession against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.