Match Thread | Man City vs Villa (25/04/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is right down there with some of our worst performances of the last 4 seasons. All our spark, energy, creativity seems to belong now to a different era. Strange.

We played exactly like this against the Rags - I thought we'd improve in the second half in that game and was wrong - let's hope Pellegrini does better than he did in that game.

I said on the first page of the pre-match thread that this is what the game would be.

They aren't REALLY good enough to battle us and we don't REALLY care enough to tonk them. We'll win but it will continue to be a boring as shit game.

Season's already over for most of them.

SWP's back said:
G-Star Medium Rare said:
SWP's back said:
I was in the loo so missed it but that's not correct.

You can if the oppo plays it forward off a defender as the offside occurs when the ball is played forward. Hitting the defender doesn't then play him on side.
Yes it does
Not if he's already offside.

See shots that the keeper saves which rebound to players offside when the shot was taken. Flag is then raised. It hitting the keeper doesn't then play them onside.

Don't worry. Many people get mistaken like you on this.

In this case the ball ricocheted away from goal then was hit by Yaya back towards the goal where the players were. I would agree if it had only hit one player on it's way forward but as it was going away from goal before Yaya's touch I think it was onside.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Regroup MP.

Silva looks isolated, Navas is the only one making those runs mostly aimlessly. Yaya looks tired again unfortunately and Lampard aside from that defensive moment has barely seen the ball.

Milner and Dinho on
Yaya and Lamps off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.