Match Thread | Man United vs Man City (14/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's not a bad performance apart from offering no threat up front. We need Foden and Mahrez to work some magic though. We're too reliant on KDB who is not quite on it of late.

This is a good observation. I think Cancelo is pushing up into spaces that should be occupied by Bernardo or Foden which pushes Foden even further out wide where he gets no passes. Against a fast breaking team like United I think both full backs need to stay back in the back 4. We got caught out a few times that haldf with our fullbacks AWOL up the field when we turned the ball over.

It's a shit observation scapegoating a player for the poor performance of another player.

Fingers out of arses for the second half we're better than these. Need more urgency in the final third, take a chance with the pass, not sideways and backwards. On every turnover there's no urgency the rags always have time to regroup.

we are tactically right here, cancelo is getting in good positions, their left back should be on a yellow already and in general we are not exposed at the back.

the problem, again, is that every time we do anything good, someone gives away the ball in the stupidest and most baffling way possible.

The worst football since the end days of Pellegrini when everyone knew he was gone and we were out of the CL.
Takes two to tango and they’re at home, we’ve settled on control (nothing wrong with that) you can book me in for a bollocking if it doesn’t happen, but we win this comfortably in the second half. There was no riding out the first twenty, no dominant period from the rags either, they are shite and over-stepping if they think they’re better than us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.