Match Thread | Man United vs Man City (14/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we so scared recently to pass it forward? I can't count the number of times in the past three or four games we've had a great opportunity to play it through the lines and instead we cycle back. The whole back four have done it at least once today, Bernardo has done it a few times (most notably not putting Haaland through). The only one who seems willing to play it forward is Rodri - it's so frustrating to watch.

Then when we eventually get it up to Foden, Mahrez and De Bruyne they're getting so few touches that they try and rush the pass and end up misplacing it or just belting it at a defender.

We’re (in my opinion rightly) shit scared of being countered on given their pace. If Rashford goes off I bet we open up a bit

Rags playing like most mid to bottom teams do against us. Play with a strong press, pack the MF, look for a ball over the top when they have possession…..

Some signs we are growing into the game and hopefully pep can tweak things at HT to make the difference.

I would like to see Alvarez at some point, his energy and work rate can help us get the win here, particularly as this rag team will be fucked after 60 mins of this..maybe also Foden for Grealish

After wednesday I will take the improvement, but we really need to step up a bit more, these are there for the taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.