Match Thread | Man United vs Man City (14/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is De Bruyne fucked or has father time caught up with him? . The one player that has gone backwards more than any other.

He always has lengthy spells like this… then he is suddenly unplayable for a few months and the best player in the world.

The thing about him is even during his lengthy shit patches he still pops up and does the odd thing to totally change a game.

Sometimes I think we should just continue running into the penalty area rather than getting so far and passing sideways. Their defending isn't that solid, we're getting past them in harmless areas. Why not take a chance and dribble through, we have players capable of it.

Problem is if Kev off it then nobody is creating anything. Somebody needs to step up. Time for foden or Bernie as we are relying on Kev & he’s unfit

im fairly content with that. look solid at the back and controlling possession. one break away got through from them thats all.

all we need is a mahrez shot to go in or a mistake by them and its 1-0 just like the chelsea game.

a draw aint the end of the world either - but a loss is a massive disaster confidence wise.

0.1 xG for us in 1st half I guess is an accurate representation of our play today. Extremely defensive minded, prioritizing control over risk.

We may still sneak a win but that kind of performance isn't really what City is about if we believe Pep and our executives.

@ojeme

Do you see why I picked the team as I did in the match day thread?

The control isn't in the middle and only one of our mid can pass through the lines or draw them in to lay off the pass as it is. This is why I thought Gundo would have been better. Bernardo there isn't going anywhere and it's a waste of his drive.

Bin Foden and Cancelo, move Aké left and bring Laporté in the centre for the other option to passing through the lines.

I would rather Grealish/ Alvárez come on and try and attack their defensive lines and draw fouls as Foden is not in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.