Match Thread | Man Utd vs Man City (08/03/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I'm wrong but can't see us turning this around. So one-paced and predictable, it would have to be a 360.

Bernado maybe but Sterling was in the form of his life until the Liverpool game... he was being mooted for Player of the year.
sterling was scoring a lot but he wasnt actually playing well the goals covered it all up even the toxic media didnt figure it out. Outside of his goals he was barely taking players on and his overall play was sloppy its obviously gotten worse since the new year but he hasn't actually played at his level since the end of september i think. My theory is that he just needs to back on the right maybe we can try jesus on the left so it gets him back on the right.

A lot of negativity on here, take away a piss poor goal being conceded (ffs Eddie) from an outrageous decision and we are the only football team on the pitch.

Getting a goal is a godsend for them cos they are utter shite.

Over to Pep at half time to
shake things up, they will tire because we have had them running around all over the place for long spells. Jesus, Mahrez to come on at some point and we need to be gung-ho. This derby is purely about local pride for us, it’s key for them.

Regardless of the result we are miles ahead of them.

What about a Pep special teams second half and we leave Wan Bissaka with NO-ONE to mark cos he is piss poor in the main going forward.
Be nice if we created some chances tbf.

Get Jesus on.

Seriously, if Otamendi is still here in August then something has seriously gone wrong.

Zinchenko is never a full back either, he cannot tackle.
To be fair to Nico in the first half what help gas he had from Zinchenko? Otamendi being totally exposed with no cover, Where is Rodri and Gundogan to stop the 1 v 1 situations with Otamendi. We always use Nico as a scape goat there's more to our downfall in that half than Otamendi.

Safe to say whatever Peps plan was has not worked and all the questioning of the lineup pre match is justified. Sterling vs Wan bissaka is the very definition of a back pocket match up, he’s not once got by him in about half a dozen games, put him on the right or get him off. Foden anonymous too. All the possession is with our defenders, we don’t even look like getting into a shooting position nevermind scoring. Dinho/Rodri are a red waiting to happen now too, brain dead bookings from both of them.

Sterling needs to be central and Jesus on the wing. Jesus on for gundogan or Rodri and go four up top like we did at old Trafford in the semi final.

Oh my

I'm not sure anyone has performed anywhere near what we would expect.

Disappointed to say the least.

Appears we are tired or its just a dead rubber?

as sson as i saw the paring of rodri and Gundogan I knew what we would get....pedestrian and none inventive...lots of sideways and backwards passing and a competely inability to recover once the team loses the ball.....people rattle off about gundogans passing stats...easy when most of them are backwards or sideways....

Gundogan and Rodri aren’t a great centre midfield pairing. Get Gundy off, B Silva in there any D Silva in the number 10 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.