Match Thread: Manchester City F.C v Leicester City

tokyostory88 said:
City's weakness when the ball is played in the air is breathtakingly disturbing at times. Players all looking at each other to attack the ball and spending more time trying to foul the oponent that even look at the ball. Simply not good enough.

Not suprised only one goal from a header this season(and that was dubious) but now I cringe when any corner of freekick is awarded against us.

And as for Jo? The accademy players must be thinking whats the point of staying at City if that sub-level player can get a game and a salary. Sorry but for the money we have spent and wasted , its difficult to justify asking for more.

I too dont understand how we lost so many 1 on 1 headers today. It seemed that every time the ball was in the air we lost out.

This was a typical prem v champ cup tie. The opposition more up for it and that makes up for their relative lack of talent. It has to be said, generally the older squad members realise that you have to grind out results like this (Boateng, Koralov, Johnson need to be more aggressive). Trouble is, some of our older players (Viera, SWP) dont have the fitness to compete any more.

And as for Jo? He's worse than playing with ten men. The ball goes to him, he loses it and we find ourselves under pressure.

Positives: I thought Milner had a good game and his strike was excellent. We're still in this - we should brush them aside at COMS and then Notts County should be similarly dispatched.

Wow, how ungracious are some of you lot?

In the second-half you were soundly outplayed by a decent footballing side. Yep, you were off the pace, but still - have the balls to admit when the other side have done well!

You'll probably win at Eastlands, but under Sven Leicester have become a very decent side - since he's joined we're top of the Championship in games he's been in charge - and should be looking to nick in via the play-offs. We'll see you next year!

You're right about the pitch though - poor state.

(Oh, and a minor point re: that Ipswich defeat - that wasn't football, that was a nonsense. Should have been called off)

Hart will collect that ball 99/100 it happens and AJ will score that 9/10 and then it’s all different.

Still in the cup Joe has got away with a horror mistake I think it’s a good day and I am backing NDJ to score the winner and his 1st goal in the final[/quote]

Is Shay Given not a better goalkeeper? Has he ever made a glaring mistake in his career? (maybe you may say the incident with Dion Dublin)
Joe is young I'm aware of this but these mistakes are mounting up. Off hand, Blackburn, England, Stoke - he should have pushed Etherington's effort past the post - a couple of weeks ago he came out for a ball and completely missed it, thankfully Kompany was on the line to save the blushes and tonight. My god can people please wake up and I'm not from Ireland by the way, I'm as English as you'll get. But I am sick, sore and tired of people on this forum making petty exuses. Some need to face up to their blindness. It will cost us the title I'm sure of that. Any comments????

trueblueboy said:
Hart will collect that ball 99/100 it happens and AJ will score that 9/10 and then it’s all different.

Still in the cup Joe has got away with a horror mistake I think it’s a good day and I am backing NDJ to score the winner and his 1st goal in the final

Is Shay Given not a better goalkeeper? Has he ever made a glaring mistake in his career? (maybe you may say the incident with Dion Dublin)
Joe is young I'm aware of this but these mistakes are mounting up. Off hand, Blackburn, England, Stoke - he should have pushed Etherington's effort past the post - a couple of weeks ago he came out for a ball and completely missed it, thankfully Kompany was on the line to save the blushes and tonight. My god can people please wake up and I'm not from Ireland by the way, I'm as English as you'll get. But I am sick, sore and tired of people on this forum making petty exuses. Some need to face up to their blindness. It will cost us the title I'm sure of that. Any comments????[/quote]

Yeah.....Hart is a million times better than Given. Yes Hart has the odd mistake in him but he is young and will get better. Hart for me is the best keeper in the Prem and therefore one of the best in Europe and the World. Given has never been anywhere near this good!

OrigamiNinja said:
trueblueboy said:

Still in the cup Joe has got away with a horror mistake I think it’s a good day and I am backing NDJ to score the winner and his 1st goal in the final

Joe is young I'm aware of this but these mistakes are mounting up. Off hand, Blackburn, England, Stoke - he should have pushed Etherington's effort past the post - a couple of weeks ago he came out for a ball and completely missed it, thankfully Kompany was on the line to save the blushes and tonight. My god can people please wake up and I'm not from Ireland by the way, I'm as English as you'll get. But I am sick, sore and tired of people on this forum making petty exuses. Some need to face up to their blindness. It will cost us the title I'm sure of that. Any comments????

Yeah.....Hart is a million times better than Given. Yes Hart has the odd mistake in him but he is young and will get better. Hart for me is the best keeper in the Prem and therefore one of the best in Europe and the World. Given has never been anywhere near this good![/quote]

What a TOTALLY polarised view this is. Both Hart and Given are good keepers - both have good games and both have the odd mare. Today, Hart kept us in it in the first half and then dropped a bollock in the second. Read no more into it than that.

Yeah.....Hart is a million times better than Given. Yes Hart has the odd mistake in him but he is young and will get better. Hart for me is the best keeper in the Prem and therefore one of the best in Europe and the World. Given has never been anywhere near this good!

Yeah .....You are afraid to acknowledge it. Quite sad actually. I said it before and I'll say it again, it will cost us the league if Mancini can sort out the outfield. Hart is talked up.... We cannot afford any more of his blips. Oh but it's ok, he's English and he's young... FOOK THAT... I as a Man City fan demand that he be replaced for the run in. OPEN YOUR EYES.

trueblueboy said:

Yeah .....You are afraid to acknowledge it. Quite sad actually. I said it before and I'll say it again, it will cost us the league if Mancini can sort out the outfield. Hart is talked up.... We cannot afford any more of his blips. Oh but it's ok, he's English and he's young... FOOK THAT... I as a Man City fan demand that he be replaced for the run in. OPEN YOUR EYES.

Sorry mate but you are talking shit! We have the best defensive record in the Prem and that is in large part due to Hart! I said it time and time again last season that Given never makes a glaring mistake because he plays it safe all the time ie never comes off his line to take a cross. Ive lost count of how many times I saw the ball headed in from 3 yards out with Given glued to his line before falling backwards on to his arse! Hart is miles better than Given in fact I would go as far as to say that Given being a great keeper is nothing more than a myth!

[soundcloud]Sorry mate but you are talking shit! We have the best defensive record in the Prem and that is in large part due to Hart! I said it time and time again last season that Given never makes a glaring mistake because he plays it safe all the time ie never comes off his line to take a cross. Ive lost count of how many times I saw the ball headed in from 3 yards out with Given glued to his line before falling backwards on to his arse! Hart is miles better than Given in fact I would go as far as to say that Given being a great keeper is nothing more than a myth![/quote][/soundcloud]

Listen I don't want to get in to an argument with a complete fool. Given has proved that he is one of the most consistent if not the most consistent goalkeepers in the EPL for the last 12 years. If you don't agree I'm sorry but these are the facts. Given won't come 3 yards of his line - what do you mean? - your a fool. Joe Hart is a good goalkeeper. You say he is one of the best in the world - NONSENSE. Great goalkeepers do not make mistakes like tonight for example. I have NEVER seen Given make a mistake like that EVER. Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that...I repeat Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that. Can I get through to you????

ChrisFilter said:
OrigamiNinja said:
How people can say Leicester are a good team who played well is beyond me. They were fucking dire

Er... what game were you watching?

Im sorry mate but the standard that you are used to watching differs greatly from what I am used to watching. Dont get me wrong we have been the shit team for years, thinking we have played really well on occasions but it is only when you become a good team that you realise just how shit you really were. You are not a good team and you did not play well. We were simply shocking!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.