Match Thread: Manchester City F.C v Leicester City

FantasyIreland said:
Awful,only one team wanted that.

Jo and Boateng are a waste of a good body.

Viera should retire now,fuck the end of the season

Johnson,that is why you don't often start

SWP couldn't give a fuck.

Leicester deserved the win,no impetus,a lack of desire,defending was comical,a truly embarrassing performance,especially given the occassion.

And people are saying their happy with the depth of the squad,reality has bitten today......

Positive - we're still in the Cup(just)

Totally Agree ...

trueblueboy said:
[soundcloud]Sorry mate but you are talking shit! We have the best defensive record in the Prem and that is in large part due to Hart! I said it time and time again last season that Given never makes a glaring mistake because he plays it safe all the time ie never comes off his line to take a cross. Ive lost count of how many times I saw the ball headed in from 3 yards out with Given glued to his line before falling backwards on to his arse! Hart is miles better than Given in fact I would go as far as to say that Given being a great keeper is nothing more than a myth!
[/soundcloud]

Listen I don't want to get in to an argument with a complete fool. Given has proved that he is one of the most consistent if not the most consistent goalkeepers in the EPL for the last 12 years. If you don't agree I'm sorry but these are the facts. Given won't come 3 yards of his line - what do you mean? - your a fool. Joe Hart is a good goalkeeper. You say he is one of the best in the world - NONSENSE. Great goalkeepers do not make mistakes like tonight for example. I have NEVER seen Given make a mistake like that EVER. Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that...I repeat Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that. Can I get through to you????[/quote]

Im wondering whether you are ever so slightly retarded, Irish or both? Check the Hart thread on the main forum for the mistake that you have never seen Given make! Given is so good that he has never been snapped up by a top 4 club and as soon as we look like becoming a top 4 club Given is replaced! Just coincidence though eh? As for other great keepers not making mistakes like todays do you not consider Reina or VDS top class? They have made just as big a mistakes this season!

As I seem to have started a GK slanging match I thought I would add Given is a very good keeper and not far behind Joe. why he is behind Joe is simple

1. He couldnt catch a cold never mind a cross (never could)
2. He is 10 years older then Joe and passed his best

I think Joe is the best keeper in the prem on current form never mind at City. He will be GK in the prem team of the year and maybe an outside chance of prem player of the season on current form.

Mistakes are part of keeping

Im wondering whether you are ever so slightly retarded, Irish or both? Check the Hart thread on the main forum for the mistake that you have never seen Given make! Given is so good that he has never been snapped up by a top 4 club and as soon as we look like becoming a top 4 club Given is replaced! Just coincidence though eh? As for other great keepers not making mistakes like todays do you not consider Reina or VDS top class? They have made just as big a mistakes this season!

Listen we all have opinions. I think Wenger would love Given - even Fergie fancies him. Chelsea are fine for a keeper. If you think Joe is better than Given thats fine but I think you're just fan blinded by his patriotism. Hey that fine by me but thats the way it is. The problem with this thorny issue is that nobody wants to face up to it. I will keep on about and will talk to you next mistake - I think it's every 3/4 weeks we see one.

OrigamiNinja said:
ChrisFilter said:
Er... what game were you watching?

Im sorry mate but the standard that you are used to watching differs greatly from what I am used to watching. Dont get me wrong we have been the shit team for years, thinking we have played really well on occasions but it is only when you become a good team that you realise just how shit you really were. You are not a good team and you did not play well. We were simply shocking!

You're new to football, aren't you?

As I seem to have started a GK slanging match I thought I would add Given is a very good keeper and not far behind Joe. why he is behind Joe is simple

1. He couldnt catch a cold never mind a cross (never could)
2. He is 10 years older then Joe and passed his best

I think Joe is the best keeper in the prem on current form never mind at City. He will be GK in the prem team of the year and maybe an outside chance of prem player of the season on current form.

Mistakes are part of keeping

Oh My God!!!!! Thats all I'll say to that piece of gobbledegook.
Good Night.

Let's be fair, Leicester were most definitely NOT poor today, they played very well, and they played some good football too.

Yes we could have buried our chances and not had the Hart blunder and come away 4-1. On the other hand they had a lot of decent chances too and both of our goals were poor defensively on their part. The truth is we were well matched by a decent Leicester team, it certainly wasn't our best performance but it would be unfair to say that they didn't have a good game.

They have a pretty poor away record and i shouldn't think will cause us too many problems at COM.

Joe has saved us in several games recently, criticizing him for one howler is nonsense. It's important he stays confident after that.

OrigamiNinja said:
trueblueboy said:
[soundcloud]Sorry mate but you are talking shit! We have the best defensive record in the Prem and that is in large part due to Hart! I said it time and time again last season that Given never makes a glaring mistake because he plays it safe all the time ie never comes off his line to take a cross. Ive lost count of how many times I saw the ball headed in from 3 yards out with Given glued to his line before falling backwards on to his arse! Hart is miles better than Given in fact I would go as far as to say that Given being a great keeper is nothing more than a myth!
[/soundcloud]

Listen I don't want to get in to an argument with a complete fool. Given has proved that he is one of the most consistent if not the most consistent goalkeepers in the EPL for the last 12 years. If you don't agree I'm sorry but these are the facts. Given won't come 3 yards of his line - what do you mean? - your a fool. Joe Hart is a good goalkeeper. You say he is one of the best in the world - NONSENSE. Great goalkeepers do not make mistakes like tonight for example. I have NEVER seen Given make a mistake like that EVER. Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that...I repeat Great goal keepers do not make mistakes like that. Can I get through to you????

I've seen Given make loads of wrong descisions, like from every single corner he's ever defended for example.

Keepers make mistakes, especially when they're so young and inexperienced, like Joe.

With their threat from corners today, if Given plaid, we wouldve been at a major disadvantage.

Although he is a great keeper, as is Hart, but Hart just edges it for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.