Match Thread | Marseille vs Man City (27/10/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much better.
The right shape, proper width up top, plenty of movement ahead of the ball. And some real, sustained pressing.
Taken a while for us to get back to doing what we do best. But great to see.

Marseille defending better at the end of the half.

Hard to find spaces to create anything if we are trying to attack in their own half.

I think one of the biggest issues with this well ogranised defensive strategy is we need a bigger physical striker who can head the football for goals, but is still technically strong enough to play in the side. I admit I didn't really believe this before but more and more I see the value.

Origi was that for Liverpool a few seasons ago, off the bench.

It may not net a lot of goals directly, but if we had a big striker with some technical ability that might lead to some more space inside / around the box if defenders are afraid of backing off too much or vice versa to mark closely if there's a good high cross which I believe I see us deliver plenty.

I think that may be the mystery player you need for our approach.

Delap could become this. Harry Kane, also because of his creative ability, is someone I'd think would really transform our attack.

Haaland and Mbappe are both brilliant. Haaland is more of the one for this, but I don't think we're getting either of them, sadly.

Does anyone know why Marseille made a point of not taking the Knee ?.

Dose not reflect well on the Club.

Everybody should be taking the Knee.

No exceptions.
Loads of other leagues and other sports have done it in different ways.

In rugby league some teams have taken the knee but individual players on those teams (white, Polynesian, Melanesian) have stayed stood up. In the F1 most didn’t take the knee.

I wouldn’t, wouldn’t kneel for anyone for any reason.

By the looks on their faces (including their black players) I don’t think Marseille had a clue what we were doing and looked like they were expecting us to stand like them and when we were lined up in our formation a few of their lads broke their line thinking we weren’t doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.