Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (21/08/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta take walker off one of the worse half I've seen from him get gomez on left move cancelo to right
What we need to do is play walker where he needs to play today and that’s at full back stopping maximum ripping us to shreds. He’s playing pretty much anywhere except where he really needs to be today.

Watch him?

Have you watched him?

Did you see his touch when he set up Mr Whippy for example?

Of course, we are not playing to his strengths which would be a lot fairer to say than saying you don't trust him.
Well i think its early nerves but he doesn't look comfortable back to goal or tight..Foden should have crossed regardless but surely having played at any level..foden looked to second guess as he had about 3% doubt..enough for opportunity to cross being taken away. Ive always said on here a CF will probably hamper us more than it would benefit...time will tell. I perdonally loved falsd 9..harfly any VAR close calls compared to others who had one.

Poor but don’t see us not improving massively second half and getting a result.
Walker having one of his 2/3 fucking shockers he has every season and a general look of apathy all over the pitch seems to be our downfall that half.
Newcastle wanting the 50/50s more and taking advantage of a concerning lack of cohesion at the back.
That said we should still have scored 4!!

Don't really look fully with it today. Not enough intensity or desire. Newcastle seem more fired up for it then wee are.

Started well enough and got the early goal but went backwards from then. Sloppy passing and just too easy to play through us at the moment. I don't think our formation is helping us. Walker playing so far infield alongside Rodri is just leaving acres of space for them on the wings when they get the ball and it isn't giving our CBs an easy ball out either. We haven't been able to control the game in our usual way.

Need to buck our ideas up a bit 2nd half. We can certainly win this if we up our game and stop giving them so much space.

If Kevin puts away that one on one, or Phil squares it to Erling, it's two nil, game over. When you miss chances like that, they start to believe. Kyle has been pathetic, but it's hard to be too harsh on him because the guy is 32 and never gets a fucking rest. Another 50 games for him this season.

Kalvin on for Phil.

I wouldn’t mind Alvarez on in the second half for Bernie, he’ll help with the leg work and pressing with pace.

I think it would also be ok to switch for IFB to just normal FB. ASM moves inside and also outside drawing out the fb from the middle allowing other Newcastle players to run free in the middle.

Rodri lost possession quite a few times, Cancelo wasn’t switched on for the goal too. Just need the lads relax. I’d rather they pass Newcastle to death. Keep it, let them chase, they can’t do it forever.

Being asked to play as CMs with NUFC set up to break down the line with speed in behind them!

Go back to a back four UNTIL THE MIDFIELD 3 START TO DOMINATE, or else we will continue to be overrun at the back.

Tuck Foden and Bernardo in for a temporary 4-5-1, then have them break wide…just like NUFC ARE DOING!!

Rodri getting mullered by two FBs who are playing shit in MF!!
Rodri has been uncharacteristically awful I think. Walker? Dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.