Match Thread | Peterborough vs Man City (01/03/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually worried that this has a cup upset written all over it. We've never looked like scoring and everytime they pump the ball forward we look wide open. Shades of Wigan although we played better at Wigan.

Not been great has it?

It's a worrying trend how every team these days are comfortable defending the 18 yard box and happy for us to go wide.

That's what we lost when Sane left, some serious pace on the outside of teams.
No sign that we have the better players, that is the worry.

It’s easy to have this defence. We may win the league but if our form continues to slide it will be a difficult task. We look flat and it’s a concern.
Think the winter break has
It is.

We are not playing like we can.

And haven't been playing well for a good while, even though results suggest otherwise.

I am hoping we are going to collectively click in the Derby, we need to get out of this slump in form. Or we are not going to win the League.
Or anything else
Put eddy up front
might not be such a bad idea

Why are Mahrez and Cancelo trying to beat their man 15 times before they pass the ball.
Because when they look up there is no one in the box to aim for or there’s one with four players around him.
Our overall movement is so poor.

Gundo probing, but what we’d give for a prime Silva and Aguero.

I'll say the same thing I said at HT on saturday, namely that I have confidence in the team to prevail. Maybe something for quite a few on here to consider.

its not been the usual flapping in the main tbf just people can see with their eyes we aren’t in great form and are worried as it’s so tight in PL

Jesus couldn't be bothered, he wasn't a premier league level striker his first day and he's not exactly honed himself to that position since. He's a winger and when he plays in the box he's a relief to opposing center halves.
Yeah, I agree that he may not be an out and out striker but he just seems to have stagnated over the past 18 months, regardless of where he plays.

When he first turned up he was genuinely rapid and caused problems with his speed. Now he looks laboured and lacking belief. It’s sad to see him playing this badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.