Match Thread | Real Madrid vs Man City (09/04/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I allowed myself to switch from being a realist to a misguided optimist after those two muppet teams didn't manage to run away with the title from probably pep's the flakiest team. 45 minutes against not very impressive RM was like watching every single game this season, but the most important one every time we stumble upon a team that wants it, we squeak.

Two deflected goals give it a break

Hopefully Madrid will get a bit leggy as they haven’t played for two weeks, plus half their games are farmers league standard. We just can’t afford to let this run away, even a two goal deficit can be turned around, three would be a huge task though.

Last few pages surprise me. Sure the lads are behind but it’s not that bad.

Some things can be improved but Pep needs to let them know they’re better. The counter is where it’s at for them.

Passing needs to be sharper. Would love the lads to also play is quick and direct to the big man but that’s not how it works.

I still back these group of players over 2 legs regardless of the score line. Wondering if Pep will risk playing Bobb if he’s looking for someone with close control against these.

He may play Alavarez to close them down but they give it away as well. Tough one.

Garbage that.

We are playing an extra man in the middle but you wouldn’t know from watching it.

Real are playing the most rudimentary tactics possible…defend, watch City pass it sideways and at some point we will give them the ball and break quick. Nothing fancy but effective because everything about our play (in and out of possession all season) is slow as fuck.

I have sympathy for Haaland most weeks because he is normally up against at least two defenders. Not tonight. They’ve left him 1v1 against Rudiger a number of times and Haaland has lost them all. It’s not good enough.

Kovacic looks completely out of his depth.

Ortega has shown that it’s one thing playing in the prem against shite, with largely nothing to do. It’s another thing entirely stepping out against Real in the Bernabeu in a CL QF.

As it stands, we look vulnerable every time they go forward. We have to be careful that this isn’t over tonight.
If Ederson had been in net posters would have said that Ortega would have saved at least one of those goals because he is a better shot-stopper.

We cave now. Madrid can win the tie tonight

We obviously came here for a draw, nobody can convince me otherwise. We’re trying to be extra cautious on the ball, no runs of any note, just to try to prevent counters and take it back to the Etihad.

Now the problem Pep has is what to do whilst 1 goal down. I honestly think we’ll stay the same and try to either keep it as it is or get lucky with another goal. If we go more ambitious we could be more threatening OR we could actually face double or triple the amount of counters and ship 4 or 5. This is the dilemma that will be in Pep’s head.

I think we’ll stay the same but try to cut out the sloppiness. From here, with the bad luck we’ve had before and during the game, I think Pep takes a 1 goal defeat knowing we’d be well in it at home.
Luckily Pep is not a shithouse like you are in every fucking match day thread.

Pep said we need to make them suffer, but we really dont do that. had that Bernardo tricky freekick not go in our attempts look pretty nothing overall. we are even scared to cross upfront as we if we lose the ball and they counter it maybe 3-1...
last minute of extra time we passed around and still lost the ball rather than have a go with a cross...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.