Match Thread | Shakhtar Donetsk vs Manchester City (06/12/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always find it strange when we make a lot of changes we look completely piss poor when the majority of other teams do it they still seem to have that threat or defensive know how at least ..

I do think we've struggled to look as effective when we've rotated this season but I think what we're seeing tonight is that the players who are in with a chance of starting on Sunday are ducking out of everything. Our best players aren't fully committing in challenges or taking on chances (which I totally understand). On top of that, this Shakhtar team are much better than people have given them credit for. To get out of a group containing us and Napoli is a brilliant achievement and testament to the fact theyre a very decent team.

Yes, our backups aren't humiliating a Champions League team desperate for a point. It is indeed the time to panic and call every squad member shit.

Don't want to be overly critical because it's a meaningless game but I think it's time we accepted that Tosin isn't good enough and probably won't be for the foreseeable future. That doesn't mean he's not a good player, but not at the level we need, even for a 5th choice. Mangala and Touré have been worse, mind you.

Really disappointed in Bernardo and to be honest I have been since we signed him. He doesn't DO anything. I still believe he'll come good but he needs to do it himself and fast- Pep can't put the effort in for him.

Sané is also being lazy IMO.

What exactly do you want Sane to do in a meaningless game. Run his bollocks off and risk injury before a crunch game in 4 days time. Just a pity he played at all really. Let's hope we get through the next 45 with no injuries and the first team players expending as little energy as possible.

Could be because both goals are his fault..
He contributed to one, absolutely, though, saying it was his fault is a bit ridiculous (he was playing two high and low in the back four?).

The first was not his fault at all—he can’t save every exceptional shot on target.

And to use this game to assert he is poor in general (what I was getting at) is just bewildering.

But they haven't come into the first 11. They've come into a complete mish mash of a side.

I accept that but they've not shown anything when they've come into other games either. They're all in their preferred positions, there's no excuses for them not to be playing well. Danilo has been woeful, Gundogan hasn't done anything of note and Bernardo just meanders into alleys and either loses it or ends up going back after slowing the play right down. We need competition in the squad, no first 11, a squad with no weaknesses etc etc. those 3 in particular should be the ones pushing the others but they look miles away. We probably have 14 players competing for a starting spot, and 2 of them are injured long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.