Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (08/04/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positives:
  • Ake again being the best defender in the league
  • Haaland scoring from Kev’s 100th assist in the league
  • We’re going in to the dressing room leading and Soton are going to talk about how they can open up to put us under more pressure
Negatives:
  • Grealish miss early doors
  • Quite a bit of sloppiness from almost everyone barring Dias, Ake, and Eddie
  • Soton look threatening every time they get in our half
  • Too much laboured passing once we get in their half
  • Mahrez in particular had a very poor half, repeatedly losing the ball and putting us under immediate pressure
Obviously Pep will have seen all of this and much more, and will be working to tweak things to make sure we are more fluid and intentional in the second half.

Stones has done well again in his hybrid RB/CM role, but I do wonder if it is necessary in this game; it looked to be congesting the middle even more for us, so I am curious to see if Pep decides to change things a bit there.

All-in-all it was a frustrating first half but I can’t complain too much given the current score.

Let’s hope we come out with a rocket up our collective arse for the second half and Haaland gets another hat trick (and not just because I captained him on my FPL team), before we take off him, Kev, and Rodri ahead of our big midweek clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.