Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (11/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Alvarez even touched the ball? Cancelo aside, this has been a severe and very concerning drop in standards. You certainly get used to a level and tonight is way off it. Phillips wtf?
Cancelo aside? He lost the ball three times in the first two minutes and that set the tone for the whole half.

Not one positive to take from the first half.

Philips looking very rusty but he deserves to be cut some slack. He’s playing in the hardest position in a Pep team and needs time.

Gomez seems like a top lad but I think it’s clear that he’s not a left back, nor is he good enough to play for us in any other position.

I also think Pep must have a clause in his contract that forces him to play someone out of position at all times.

Walker and Cancelo on the same side didn't work against Chelsea and its not working again tonight, Gomez has been abysmal in that first 45 minutes I'll be shocked if he's back out in the second half. Then again take your pick who can come off, All 11 spots up for grabs.

Southampton deserve the lead they are up for it. We haven't turned up.

Turning the clock back a few years , inept performance from disinterested players , never thought i would witness such a putrid 45 minutes under Pep Guardiola , he will need all his know how to turn this around. We are playing the bottom of the league for f*cks sake and being schooled , we are lucky it is only two goals
The biggest shame is the thousands of blues giving up a full day to travel down and the players re-paying them with absolute dross , nice to see us making a statement to the Rags for Saturday.

Everyone slagging Gomez off seems to have forgotten the game we played on Sunday where he didn't look out of place in the team that demolished Chelsea.
Let’s not rewrite history here. He played well against a very poor Chelsea and didn’t have much defending to do. In away games where he has had more to do defensively he has looked well off it. The guy has ability but is not good enough to play at LB.

Unfortunately the inconsistency continues. Not even close to the workrate from Sunday. Sure Pep won’t be happy and will let the players know.

Need to score within 20 min if we wanna get something out of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.