Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (11/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just shite tbh, shows the drop-off from a few of our first teamers and then also how carried some of the others are by the more dynamic players.

Philips looks miles off it, Gomez clearly isn't particularly good, but that front 5 all should be good enough to do something but none of them look like they've got the bottle to be the main man. Grealish would happily run the ball back into our own goal if no one kicked him before he got there, Foden anonymous, Gundogan invisible and Palmer looks so low on confidence compared to when he first came up, he now looks scared to make mistakes. Poor Alvarez hasn't even had a sniff of the ball.

Just shite tbh, needs Bernardo, needs kev, needs a wide player willing to actually do something

Please stop asking for subs. Saturday more important. We don’t want our big players busting a gut to pull this back.

3 points on Saturday worth much more than this game.

Pep brings any of them on then tactically he’s losing it

The world’s turned on its head. Only forumites keeping it real are the match thread regulars. That was horse shit. Comprehensively outplayed by the bottom prem club, probably mid-to-upper Championship level. This is a fucking trophy, how is playing the seconds with this performance going to improve our chances against the rags?

Second half will probably paper over the cracks. H and KDB now please.

It’s no coincidence most of his crosses/shots get blocked. He gets into space so often on the left but always needs to square his body up to use his right boot. The pass to Mahrez the other night was an occasion when he trusted his left.
He needs to be a bit closer to use his left foot. Not good range. But it is understandable for a weaker foot... Only Kev and Gundo can cross using weaker foot from outside box in our team.

2nd half I'd go...
...................Ortega..................
Lewis Akanji Laporte Cancelo
..... Bernardo Rodri Foden .....
Palmer ...Haaland ......Alvarez

We need to win the midfield and we can't trust the defense.

Not quite sure what we were trying to do there. Back to inverted FBs and back to slow build-up play, sloppy passing and poor decision making. I can hardly remember Alvarez touching the ball. They scored two very well taken goals but really all stemmed from our mistakes.

Not really creating anything. I hope we try traditional FBs 2nd half and a bit more measured passing and movement.

Even at 2-0 down, I don't really feel the game is over. Buck our ideas up and there's still something in this game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.