Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (20/03/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our transition in past seasons was superb. Leroy tearing defenders apart. We have zero pace not quick enough in the transition.

Laporte and Stones have been just horrible.

Stones can't keep a pass in play and Laporte, as usual, getting caught too high and far too slow.

Liverpool forwards would gut us.

Only Sterling has any credit in that half.
Exactly, Laporte and Stones up against Liverpool's front three, doesn't bear thinking about at present

Despite the irony, and quite contrary to my earlier protestations, the last 7 minutes have actually been like Custer’s last stand :-(

I still think that we’ll win this though. We were comfortably the better side for the first 40 mins and we’ve got a few gears we can move up if needed.
I’d have Mahrez on for Jesus.

The false 9 has been fantastic but it looks now like we are labouring under this system. The build up play, chance creation is crap. Defence is all over the place. Pep needs to make the changes before the season falters.

Not 1 player is doing a good job as the false 9. Stick Gabby up top or use delap. Foden has been wasted all season.

Shocking from Steffen there. Poor poor decision making he didn’t even recover well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.