Match Thread | Southampton vs Man City (20/03/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing like they’re not fussed about the FA cup. Most within themselves. Not going the extra mile so to speak in their personal battles. Travelling blues deserve better effort.

Started quite brightly and then lost our way, started dawdling on the ball in defence which invited their press and made it difficult for us to play. They were the better team the last 10 minutes.

We lack the energy of Bernardo and Foden. I think our game has gone downhill since we moved away from a central 3 of Rodri, Gundogan and Bernardo. I'd like to see us go back to that. Put Foden on the left and Sterling/Mahrez on the right.

Laporte and Cancelo have to sort their heads out a bit. Both have given the ball away quite a lot in dangerous positions.

It's a game we should still win but we need to go back to playing our game.

Am I watching the same game? Didn't Gundogan hit the post when it was easier to score? At 0-2 the game would have been over. We need the chasing of Bernardo & Foden after 60 minutes.
If we went at halftime winning 2-0 it would have still been an absolutely shockingly bad half from us

Jesus and Gundo off, Mahrez and Bernardo on. Love how hard Jesus works, but the lad is not good enough. Need Bernardo in there to match Southamptons work rate.
I’d keep Gundo on for a while; his positioning is clever and I always feel he’s capable of scoring off one of his runs into the box. Agree on Silva though.

Final third is killing us these days, absolute zero goal threat, took a huge error for us to score v Everton, deflection for todays goal, nothing at Palace. But the lack of pace in the team is noticeable and Cancelo is going through one of his liability phases.
We are weak in the tackle and up I think teams have sussed us out now.
Absolutely, all you have to do is press us like Southampton are doing today and you'll have a lot of success. We can't find any forward passes because whoever gets the ball has 3 men around him. Time for Pep to change it round if he can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.