Match Thread | Toronto vs Man City (27/05/15 @ midnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give it 5 years before friendlies against MLS teams become non-existent almost, or pointless.

The Americans have their own league now which is developing into a better league every year and one of the biggest brands in world football.

Just like European teams don't often tour South America I think the interest from the Americans is diminishing as they have their own clubs to support and invest in.

Unless it's two European teams playing each other I don't see the point anymore.

Fofana is doing the 'Fernandinho job' brilliantly so far, i.e. covering the space behind lazy Yaya. :) But he is perhaps a bit nervous, or quite simply he's not on the same technical level as his mates. His passing has been very poor at times. Attitude is spot on though.

I think you only need to watch Fofana for 5 minutes to know he will never have a future at City. Roll on Maffeo, Barker and Garcia please.

I give it 5 years before friendlies against MLS teams become non-existent almost, or pointless.

The Americans have their own league now which is developing into a better league every year and one of the biggest brands in world football.

Just like European teams don't often tour South America I think the interest from the Americans is diminishing as they have their own clubs to support and invest in.

Unless it's two European teams playing each other I don't see the point anymore.

Sam Sam sam

There's nothing a hate more than a person regurgitating the same bollocks that comes out of commentators gobs!!!

I think you only need to watch Fofana for 5 minutes to know he will never have a future at City. Roll on Maffeo, Barker and Garcia please.

He's bound to be nervous. Even though it's a friendly, it's his first game with the senior squad and he's playing with a number of the first team players. I've been impressed by his energy (it's been much needed next to Yaya) and the fact that he's got more confident throughout, from playing it sideways and looking backwards to trying to push the play on.

I'd like to see some of the other kids but since none of them have played at a senior level, I'm not sure how you see it fit to compare them currently.

Decent first half for a friendly but no breakthrough.

The only down side is Ian fucking Darke or cliche man, wish we'd just left the crowd noise on.

It has been strange so far. We are expected to dominate but Toronto has not offered anything. So I say bring in as many young players as possible in the second half to make it at least interesting. The teams in the first half are worlds apart. And yes Darke (A Brit) and Twellman are awful and detached when it comes to City.

I think Fofana looked comfortable out there but it is difficult to tell because of the opposition just sat back but he looks energetic and enthusiastic. Hopefully we will see more in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.