Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Including success add ons though? £25m fee, very good price imo.
Add ons are a bit silly when it comes to City signing a player. Just look at Sergio Gomez, already a UCL winner ;). If it's an appearance based add on then we could do a Simeone and bring him in 3 minutes to the end of every game or perhaps we used an add on clause similar to the "Arsenal / Mudryk" clause, insisting that we only pay the remaining 5m if Kovacic wins the Balon d'or

Decent first signing. As it stands we are now stronger than we were last year assuming Gundogan has not yet signed for Barca. £30m ok for 29 year old from in theory top 4 side. Gvardiol next please.

Should Bernardo leave, I think Kovacic will replace a lot of what he brings to the centre of the pitch. We'd still need someone for the right wing, though

It's mad that Bernardo is worth two players

I think he's exceptional. Great young player
Me too, I found myself just watching him in some of the games he started, his only deficiencies were being a bit too casual at times, and getting knocked off the ball a bit easy, not through brute strength but more the timing of coming togethers with opposition players (he’ll learn) his short game is already phenomenal and his running off the ball is impressive, he certainly paved the way for John Stones, it might be difficult for some to see where he fits in, in terms of a starting player, but he’s that fluid I’m sure Pep will already know his pathway, strange the U21’s never selected him for this summer’s tournament

I think he's exceptional. Great young player
I agree with Tolmie, incredible for an 18 year old but one glaring issue is a severe lack of pace, the last game he played in (I think it was his last game) he was chasing an opposition player back to our goal, he looked like he was running in treacle...he could be one of those players who is good/very good at a lot of things but not outstanding in ONE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.