Matheus Nunes

Pep said just days ago the squad is small and we need everyone, Would be odd to see him leave now unless he's decided he wants out himself. Think it would be a mistake myself, we are too thin, it's going to be an exceptionally long season and a couple of injuries and the bench is half empty.

He's currently way down the pecking order when everyone is fit, but not everybody is going to remain fit. Kdb is 34, gundo is 33, bernardo and kovacic 30, only rodri from our core midfield who isn't wrong side of 30, they'll all need resting as the season progresses even if they all somehow stay fit. given his versatility, they'll be valuable minutes for him at some point.

Nunes played only a few mins at Euro24 and yet couldn’t be arsed to get back to City for preseason early to make his mark. I can’t see any scenario where he will get decent playing time at City so he’d be best to depart sooner rather than later.
Keep seeing this. It doesn't matter how much he played. He was training every single day and sticking to the same schedule as those who did play. He deserves the break as much as anybody. Pep repeatedly says it's a mental thing as much as anything.

Pep said just days ago the squad is small and we need everyone, Would be odd to see him leave now unless he's decided he wants out himself. Think it would be a mistake myself, we are too thin, it's going to be an exceptionally long season and a couple of injuries and the bench is half empty.

He's currently way down the pecking order when everyone is fit, but not everybody is going to remain fit. Kdb is 34, gundo is 33, bernardo and kovacic 30, only rodri from our core midfield who isn't wrong side of 30, they'll all need resting as the season progresses even if they all somehow stay fit. given his versatility, they'll be valuable minutes for him at some point.

Keep seeing this. It doesn't matter how much he played. He was training every single day and sticking to the same schedule as those who did play. He deserves the break as much as anybody. Pep repeatedly says it's a mental thing as much as anything.

We should still get rid, he’s not at the required level

I am pretty sure that if we did have a midfield crisis then Stones and Rico would be pushed into pure midfield roles before Nunes was considered as a starter. If he were to be given a starting place in an important game I dread to think what dire straits we would be in.

In the post match press conference, Pep said it was a pity we didn’t get the 4th goal earlier so that McAtee and Matheus could come on earlier.

That pretty much means he trusts those two players equally.

Therefore, I think there’s a reasonable chance Nunes goes this week, which would probably mean signing a back up forward be more likely.

No 650k a week isn't burning a hole in my pockets (if you can believe the reporting.. that's what his base salary and incentives add up to).
Exactly. I don't miss Palmer one bit. Why because like Nunes he was never acclimated in the squad. Regardless of what he's doing now we don't miss him...

I am pretty sure that if we did have a midfield crisis then Stones and Rico would be pushed into pure midfield roles before Nunes was considered as a starter. If he were to be given a starting place in an important game I dread to think what dire straits we would be in.
We have just 7 defenders if we're including Rico as one, walker is 34 and stones gets injured getting out of bed. Whilst I agree those could be midfield options, the liklihood is we won't be able to use them there as they'll be needed in defence.

Yeah have to agree. Seems like a mard arse too. Doesn’t seem to fit the character profile of the wider squad
That's such an unfounded bullshit take...you don't have to like Nunes as a player but where do you get off slamming his character. C'mon fella let's not do that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.