Matheus Nunes

Would argue Nunes is not in the same category as Sterling/Jesus/Zinchenko. All of the latter were good squad players able to play a part when needed and actually contributed to our success. Would put Nunes in the same category as the likes of Phillips/Mangala/Rodwell/Bony/Jo, but thats just my opinion :)

EDIT: With that said, if he stays I obviously hope he surprises me and turn into a good player!
I have to ask...how are you putting Nunes in with guys that were terrible on the pitch? I've yet to see him kill us in a match. I'll agree he's not in the same boat as Sterling, Jesus, and Zinchenko as they were here for a good bit of time and played their part in many of our successes. Nunes is in his own category. Not poor on the pitch, not great, rarely seen...

4th choice number 6 at best, behind Rodri, Kovacic. Gundogan (and from Pep's comments, also O'Reilly, Rico, Stones, Akanji...)

6th choice number 8 at best, behind KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Gundogan, Kovacic (and also potentially McAtee, O'Reilly, Grealish, Bobb, Lewis...)

7th choice out wide at best, behind Savinho, Doku, Grealish, Bobb, Foden, Bernardo. Probably McAtee too.

He's not going to play.
He isn't trusted, isn't showing the burning desire to play and Pep has seen all that for more than a year. Happy flower - or like the Wolves fan on here said last year, heart of a pea. It's what I can see him play.
Btw, Pep very often says he can see it in a player's face and body language, on the training pitch.

Nunes' investment is much too high to sit on the bench.
We can raise much more value with Macca, O'Reilly and even Wright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.