Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a great point about talented attacking players failing to shine in teams that are struggling. It isn’t just the lack of possession, but also the fear of trying things, losing the ball, lack of confidence, that undermines players when teams that are struggling. We saw it for enough years. I suspect he would be a different proposition entirely in a team with 75% plus possession and Rodri behind him. I hope we get him, and oddly for the reasons stated above, his departure might not weaken Wolves too much, and the money can be used wisely. I think your owners have looked at the three promoted clubs, plus Everton, and thought we can totally re-set here and just about get away with it. I hope so, I like the hostility of Molineux, once a year, no more.
Not exactly hostile at the moment, more a morgue, depressing summer, lack of investment, what appears a poor manager and just living in the hope of 3 worse teams.

If we sign this player then obviously I hope he is a success. Much like Ese and Paqueta I won’t lose any sleep if we leave our hands in our pockets and keep our powder dry. There doesn’t seem to be much value in the market now and nobody of the quality and profile that will be a good fit. Despite losing KDB to injury, Mahrez unexpectedly leaving and Phillips now being confirmed as shite (or at least seemingly forgotten) we are still in good shape. We signed Kovatic and Gvardiol who already look excellent and Lewis can expect more minutes (this kid can be a star). We have signed Duku, who maybe an unknown quantity but will be interesting to watch.

If we sign Nunez, then ok. If not we can wait for next summer when there will be opportunities I’m sure. One thing is sure we won’t be taken for mugs by Wolves.

Last edited:
Wolves fan, interesting and a surprising development regarding Nunes.
My take, he is a very talented player, unfortunately at Wolves he really is playing in a shit team and it would be difficult to compare what he has to do for us, to how City would use him. He is a very attack minded player, he is fast, he glides and carries the ball making forward runs. Negatives he switches off defensively but City tend to have the ball for maybe 65-70percent of the times, as stated it difficult to compare how Wolves and City have to play given our poor thread bare playing squad. Price wise, yes expensive but you have to blame the values put on Mount and Rice and the silly inflated prices Chelsea pay out. We will also loosing one of our better players and very close to the window closing. Overall I believe he would be a success at City.

Mate, what happened to Wolves?

When you came back up you had a pretty good team and there was loads of optimism with there even being talk of fully rebuilding the rest of the ground.

So what you are saying is that if someone think another teams player is shite they should immediately change their opinion if Romano (or similar) puts out a tweet saying we are interested in said player, or keep their opinion to themselves since they could risk annoying snowflake strangers on this forum that dont agree with them?
I disagree, at least as long as the player is not even a City player :) Calling the clubs players shite on the other hand, thats a different thing and disrespectful, in my opinion.
With the greatest of respect Vester thats not whats been said by @JewelZee By all means trash another player if you want to, its the moaning about how the club are shite for going for X player and not Y player and the I know better than Pep brigrade thats reached ridiculous levels. Theyve given us a treble that eclipses the rags flukes. Theyve given us the greatest manager in living memory. A squad that has been the envy of world football time and time again. Our club and manager has changed the way football is played in this country from grass roots to the PL and Europe. More trophies than I thought I would ever see in my lifetime. Moments of unrivialed beauty. I dont wanna speak for @JewelZee even though I agree, but there's gotta be some leeway given. But look, I dont wanna lay it on, but I think the club deserve better thats all.

I was just answering your assertion that we dont make mistakes , we do , we are the best run club in the world but we are not infallable
Of course we can make a mistake but I'll back the club to know what they're looking to do and give them the benefit of the doubt over any posters shouting definitively that someone we like is absolute shite. Guys like Gundoggin and Millsy acting like they'll save the club the trouble of pursuing certain players because they know 100% they're shite and will flop are making fools of themselves, simple as...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.